Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

those wayfarers are crazy! When I was looking for wayfarers on ebay last year there was heaps of these really crazy olympic editions and stuff, with fluro colours and crazy gold ones etc... from the 96 olympics or something?

Ordered two bespoke suits today, both two button super 130 wool suits, one in navy prince of wales and the other charcoal with narrowly spaced white pinstripes. Quite a steal at a little under $1200 combined for both suits, considering these are actually fully canvassed. Found a new tailor, dude schooled the hell out of me and made me realize i didn't know jack about how a jacket should be constructed. Took my last MTM suit from HK to him and he said the construction was no good and told me why...so for anyone stopping in HK, I highly recommend getting a tailored suit from Bosco Tailors in Admiralty, at the Queensway mall that is connected to Pacific Place.

nairb - yep...it's a small space, the tailoring store, but Bosco (the guy who runs it...the store's been there for 27 years now) is real friendly and straightforward and knowledgeable about his craft, not at all like the slick and cunning salesmen that you see at most HK tailoring services. He even convinced me why the (less expensive) fabric I ended up choosing for my suit is a better investment than something super expensive such as Loro Piana fabrics.

FTB, you sure super 130s was a wise choice? I hear the material is very thin and wears real quick...

This is incorrect. Anything below 150 is pretty standard high-quality suit fabric. 150's - 200's, sure; then you may want to wear the suit only occasionally, or have lots of money to blow on a new one.

the material i picked is leaning on the thin side, didn't want anything too fancy or heavy duty since i'll be wearing these suits every day and Hong Kong weather is very hot and humid for most of the year. When winter rolls around i'll probably get another 2 made appropriate for that season. But the cold weather doesn't last here, if anything it's about one month out of 12.

Also a higher number wasn't an indicator of quality, the tailor showed me a batch of 150s from England, it was coarse feeling and not very good quality; even cheaper than the fabric i chose.