Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

Some recent purchases:

LUC black cotton pants

Bespoke leather gloves with silk lining

Helmut Lang black moleskin suit

Rick Owens detachable fox fur collar leather jacket

ok, still, while i think those shoes ARE great looking, why buy a pair thats already beaten up? wouldn't you rather do it yourself, or is it just a more utilitarian notion within fashion to get the english-street-pauper-oliver-twist style going these days? do they feel beaten up like they look, or are they just softer?

it just seems odd to me, i see it a lot around sufu, and i always wonder about it.

guess that's the whole arte provera thing is about. i like thes shoes because they are beautiful in how they are treated and the workmanship and ingunity put into them. they are not really comfortable.. though..

Theory? (i think not)

Prada?

HL from eons ago?

Not sure if its from the Prada period or before, judging by the price tag on the pants and knowing japanese pricing I'd say its at least a few years old.

yeah, real fur is pretty much a lost battle i think for fashion designers, I personally don;t have a problem with it- afterall thats pretty much exactly what wool is isn't it? But I would never wear anything with real fur on, and i appreciate the validity of the arguments of those who point to very real cases of animal cruelty

I wouldn't say it is exactly the same as wool, I mean wool comes from shearing a sheep [a domestic farm animal] of it's coat and the animal remains alive. Fox fur is far more cruel a practice. The wild animal is hunted and skinned alive, and left for dead. Unlike domestic animals which we consume and use the byproducts, Fur animals are killed for fur and fur only, and usually require multiple animals to make only one garment. In the end of the day it just seems so unnecessary and wasteful.

guess that's the whole arte provera thing is about. i like thes shoes because they are beautiful in how they are treated and the workmanship and ingunity put into them. they are not really comfortable.. though..

they'll get more comfortable after a few wears.

i highly doubt RO is going to stop using fur especially since he's designing for revillon

they'll get more comfortable after a few wears.

i highly doubt RO is going to stop using fur especially since he's designing for revillon

His full length fur and shaved mink coats from this season were absolutely amazing. It's hard not to think about how many minks it took, but it was just a fantastic piece to handle. What wasn't so fantastic was the 20,000euro pricetag. The SA there was telling me that someone stole one from their showroom upstairs, now they follow you when you go up there.

raf simons blazer

raf simons knit sweater

raf simons black dress shirt

raf by raf tee

helmut lang hoodie

black carpe diem boots

brown carpe diem boots

podoll cashmere cardi

podoll cashmere vneck sweater

2 bson tshirt hoodie

bson l/s tshirt hoodie

bson cowl neck tee

bson vest

pictures to follow...

yeah, real fur is pretty much a lost battle i think for fashion designers, I personally don;t have a problem with it- afterall thats pretty much exactly what wool is isn't it?

i thought wool was basically the same as cotton? which is essentially the same as nylon

^ pictures of all in one outfit, no less!

I've you've never seen someone on all four with his hands tucked into cdiem boots so he can wear two pairs at the same time now's the occasion...