Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

I'm pretty sure Richemont, who owns Panerai, does not own U-Boat. And I congratulate you on your purchase but U-Boat is over hyped crap.

picked up this watch a couple weeks ago. i believe they are part of the same group that owns panerai.

U-Boat Classico AB 45mm Automatic.

dscf0377jf4.th.jpg

dscf0381db0.th.jpg

dscf0380fu5.th.jpg

Also picked up these the other day. I love them, but they are too small. For sale in the supermarket if anybody is interested.

Barney's Mocassins/Boat Shoes

dscf0385ha3.th.jpg

Guest jmatsu
picked up this watch a couple weeks ago. i believe they are part of the same group that owns panerai.

dscf0377jf4.th.jpg

dscf0381db0.th.jpg

dscf0380fu5.th.jpg

Also picked up these the other day. I love them, but they are too small. For sale in the supermarket if anybody is interested.

Barney's Mocassins/Boat Shoes

dscf0385ha3.th.jpg

nice time piece. i am seriously considereing getting a u-boat. i've heard mixed reviews. like the movement needs constant tuneups and shit. how much did you pay for this? how does the certificate of authentication/contract work in terms of servicing?

like the panerai, does it differ from country to country? thanks!!

I'm pretty sure Richemont, who owns Panerai, does not own U-Boat. And I congratulate you on your purchase but U-Boat is over hyped crap.

Ha, I appreciate you honesty. My father has been a watch collector for a long time (has a Patek Phillipe, Chronoswiss, Blancpain, among others), and for the price I was looking to spend this was one of the watches he was willing to endorse.

That being said, there is only one authorized dealer in the US, so I'm happy having something a little different and time will tell if it is crap I guess.

nice time piece. i am seriously considereing getting a u-boat. i've heard mixed reviews. like the movement needs constant tuneups and shit. how much did you pay for this? how does the certificate of authentication/contract work in terms of servicing?

like the panerai, does it differ from country to country? thanks!!

As you can see, the face says "automatico" instead of "left-hook auto" meaning it was one of their older models. I got it for just under $1500 (retailed for 1800). I don't know much about the brand to be honest, but I wouldn't be surprised if it required a decent amount of work to keep the movement perfect.

There is a standard two year warranty, but as I understand it, you have to ship it to the authorized dealer in Miami, who will then either fix it themselves or ship it to U-Boat in Italy. Hope this answers your questions.. Ive gotten a lot of compliments on it. :)

Guest young7777
Nom De Guerre Peacoat - yeah im in love and broke

Damn nice NDG coat. :eek: I was also about to drop $800 for it but changed mind at the last minute.

Some of those U-Boats are outlandishly big. I guess it really depends on wrist size for most people but those things are just too damn big. 45mm is good enough but nothing more than that.

Sold my mountain bike today so I transferred the funds to Aloha Rag:

The 2 things that I can actually pull off from Ann D. Everything else is just too stylish for a simpleton like me.

Ridiculous price for a tank top but at 60% off it was a little more palatable and it fits so perfectly and is oh so soft!

CIMG3976.jpg

Retail but oh well, I loved it that much and AR only ordered one in that size so it was now or never! The collar is so cool but doesn't show up in my shitty pic.

CIMG3975.jpg

CIMG4019.jpg

Gotta love 80% off discounts! I've been lusting over this coat for a while and couldn't pass it up at this price.

CIMG3974.jpg

nice haul lowrider, I love the cuts of the Kos stuff (esp. the jackets) and the Kanya Miki aesthetic in general. I guess pretty much whoever attends the Royal Academy comes out dropping dope looking lines on people's skullz. I wish I could see the clothes in person somewhere.

Ann D hoody is fire as well.

nice haul lowrider, I love the cuts of the Kos stuff (esp. the jackets) and the Kanya Miki aesthetic in general. I guess pretty much whoever attends the Royal Academy comes out dropping dope looking lines on people's skullz. I wish I could see the clothes in person somewhere.

Ann D hoody is fire as well.

Thanks man. The quality of the KL stuff is really high. I have a button down short sleeve shirt that has multi-coloured dots embroidered on it and the details are amazing. My favorite tee is one of his and it uses a very high quality med/heavy weight cotton. Also all his stuff is made in France and I've found the QC from most clothes made in France to be rather high.

I guess it's the noob in me but I have a hard time paying high prices for designer stuff that's made in China (like 3.1 Philip Lim - even though I own the scarf henley). Some Ann D. stuff is made is China too and I didn't get that at all. I can understand the higher profit margins for the designer but would expect more for a label like hers. I probably wouldn't have spent the money on the 2 Ann D. items if they were from China but since they're from France...

Is that simply ignorant of me? Someone versed in clothing manufacturing please drop some knowledge so I can learn. Thanks!