Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

Thanks man. The quality of the KL stuff is really high. I have a button down short sleeve shirt that has multi-coloured dots embroidered on it and the details are amazing. My favorite tee is one of his and it uses a very high quality med/heavy weight cotton. Also all his stuff is made in France and I've found the QC from most clothes made in France to be rather high.

I guess it's the noob in me but I have a hard time paying high prices for designer stuff that's made in China (like 3.1 Philip Lim - even though I own the scarf henley). Some Ann D. stuff is made is China too and I didn't get that at all. I can understand the higher profit margins for the designer but would expect more for a label like hers. I probably wouldn't have spent the money on the 2 Ann D. items if they were from China but since they're from France...

Is that simply ignorant of me? Someone versed in clothing manufacturing please drop some knowledge so I can learn. Thanks!

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=24321

Thanks man. The quality of the KL stuff is really high. I have a button down short sleeve shirt that has multi-coloured dots embroidered on it and the details are amazing. My favorite tee is one of his and it uses a very high quality med/heavy weight cotton. Also all his stuff is made in France and I've found the QC from most clothes made in France to be rather high.

I guess it's the noob in me but I have a hard time paying high prices for designer stuff that's made in China (like 3.1 Philip Lim - even though I own the scarf henley). Some Ann D. stuff is made is China too and I didn't get that at all. I can understand the higher profit margins for the designer but would expect more for a label like hers. I probably wouldn't have spent the money on the 2 Ann D. items if they were from China but since they're from France...

Is that simply ignorant of me? Someone versed in clothing manufacturing please drop some knowledge so I can learn. Thanks!

the hooded Ann D is nice, but honestly i dont know why blew over a hundred on that white tank top. anyway, what if your latest purchases were manufactured by chinamen living in france, or vice versa. what difference would it make then? unless you actually know the individual manufacturing your clothing you shouldn't automatically discriminate according to country of origin (unless of course its made in hawaii). judge each garment on its own merits.

the hooded Ann D is nice, but honestly i dont know why blew over a hundred on that white tank top. anyway, what if your latest purchases were manufactured by chinamen living in france, or vice versa. what difference would it make then? unless you actually know the individual manufacturing your clothing you shouldn't automatically discriminate according to country of origin (unless of course its made in hawaii). judge each garment on its own merits.

I know a little about manufacturing (not of garments) in China and the QC tends to be very low. I do judge each garment on its own merit which is why I bought the 3.1 PL henley.

BTW, 60% off for the tank puts it at $76. Still pricey but it's one of the few tanks that fit me well and doesn't look like a woman's or a wife beater.

anndtank.jpg

Guest jmatsu
Yes china is known for their quality of production.

Nice ysl's lion and wife beat low.

you can't generalize an entire country's standards of production. i'm sure some factories have better qc than others. while some european factories maybe inferior to that of some in asia.

you can't generalize an entire country's standards of production. i'm sure some factories have better qc than others. while some european factories maybe inferior to that of some in asia.

I implied they are not known for their output quality.

I could tell a made in china raf simons sweater vs a made in belgium sweater but hey that's just me. I'd never pay 600 for an ann knit made in china then again hey that's just me. You guys are free to do what you want, I'm going to argue re: this topic in this thread.

Guest jmatsu
I implied they are not known for their output quality.

I could tell a made in china raf simons sweater vs a made in belgium sweater but hey that's just me. I'd never pay 600 for an ann knit made in china then again hey that's just me. You guys are free to do what you want, I'm going to argue re: this topic in this thread.

jetredtp0.jpg

jetbluewhiteop5.jpg

jet20070520op2cy9.jpg

wow i can tell you're a real raf simons/ann d connoisseur! your statement about distinguishing the difference between a made in china vs. a made in belgium raf simons piece is vacuous because i'm pretty sure raf simons is not even produced in china. i'm sure that annd herself has the final veto over the quality coming out of her chinese factories.

btw does ann d make mediums?

Guest jmatsu
all i know is... ann d quality isn't really that great regardless of where it's made. heh.

i'm not the biggest fan of annd, but i'm pretty sure consumers buy it more for the aesthetic. my point was about assuming that just because shit is made in asia that it's inferior. i don't give a fuck about china, but ann d's shit from belgium or portugual ain't couture either so who gives a fuck?

wow i can tell you're a real raf simons/ann d connoisseur! your statement about distinguishing the difference between a made in china vs. a made in belgium raf simons piece is vacuous because i'm pretty sure raf simons is not even produced in china. i'm sure that annd herself has the final veto over the quality coming out of her chinese factories.

btw does ann d make mediums?

Cute, but a cream colored v neck that I saw at Barneys from spring was made in china so I didn't buy it and so there goes that argument. Maybe Barneys is selling bootleg raf simons I don't know whatch you think boss? Don't speculate, doesn't make you appear very knowledgable.

Guest jmatsu
Cute, but a cream colored v neck that I saw at Barneys from spring was made in china so I didn't buy it and so there goes that argument. Maybe Barneys is selling bootleg raf simons I don't know whatch you think boss? Don't speculate, doesn't make you appear very knowledgable.

i don't believe you and i don't care. it appears that you don't have a problem with chinese buffets, but just with chinese factories.