Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

Some Light Summer Reading...

1353597imgse3.jpg

Lightning Denim Guide Vol. 2

Invincible TPB Vol. 5: The Facts of Life

Paul T's Denim Book (Highly Reccommended... A great resource and newly revised to include material about the Japanese Repro Market)

Blood & Guts: A Short History of Medicine

Vintage Hanover Cordovan Dress Shoes ($15.00!!!!!!)

I'm particularly excited about the shoes. My new job doesn't allow me to wear jeans, but now that I have some cordovans I'll at least be able to stare at the wear on them when I get bored. And they look real sharp, to boot.

More shoe pics:

1353599imgvx3.jpg

1353600imgzz0.jpg

1363601imggy5.jpg

hap-i'm jealous

you have to have dropped thousands in the past week or so

causewaybay.jpg

yamane union special t

yamane lot 1926S selvedge denim shorts with hidden rivets

the Yamane store in causeway bay is amazing, the japanese denim jeans retail for $2000 HK but the chinese made jeans were $680 HK and my shorts were $580 HK, tg's jeans LOT 1985 are selvedge with hidden rivets chain stitch hems and a 16.5 cm opening so very nice.

purchase1.JPG

purchase2.JPG

43_1.JPG

-carnie vest (which im not sure if ill ever actually wear)

-sass and bide green/grey jeans (since the APC ones dont come in my size)

-marc jacobs prison issues (thanks to darkanimal)

-keds slip ons

-comme des garcons slip ons

damn those vans by marc jacobs prison issue are hot!! Can i have a small request from you, Chris to wear them with any of your fav skinny jeans, take a pic and post it here? i'm dying to see how they look with a pair of skinnies. Thanks! great buys there!

Stopped by the supermarket today to buy some veggies and beer but since A.P.C, Dior Homme, and Martin Margiela are all in the same building as my supermarket, I ended up getting trapped for longer than I wanted to.

I ended up trying on that Dior cotton sport jacket as on luisaviaroma, but lucikly for my wallet neither the 44 and the 46 fit me well. The sleeve length on Dior jackets is just too long, I'd make a mess of them, and the 44 wouldn't zip up on me all the way, though it was proper short and cool looking. I'm waiting for them to get the wool drap jacket in in a couple of weeks, but I have a feeling it will be a similar story. I preordered a few Sept. arrival things anyway and picked up a t-shirt on my way out.

Aug20.jpg

@herpsky - they had a crazy sale on in Hideout on the footwear, not too sure about the stock on sizes etc. But a lot of the stuff was reduced down to £50-£80 for the guys, £35 for the girls... they had one pair of Newton lo's but they weren't very nice, quite a few Mocasin style shoes, no FBTs, they had some Hiking boot ones (forgot the name) all half price... Had a lovely elk wallet and a belt, but even at half price, I just couldn't do it...

dont tell me the leather serra hikers are half off... arghhhh. really want the dark brown leather pair.

^ trust me dude, buying groceries from a place with all of those kinds of stores is a dangerous proposition indeed... they've now got my phone number at some of these stores so I will probably get bombarded with phone calls to come down and pick up stuff, and that's where it will all go awry I think...

damn those vans by marc jacobs prison issue are hot!! Can i have a small request from you, Chris to wear them with any of your fav skinny jeans, take a pic and post it here? i'm dying to see how they look with a pair of skinnies. Thanks! great buys there!

fantastic!

mjvans.jpg

^ trust me dude, buying groceries from a place with all of those kinds of stores is a dangerous proposition indeed... they've now got my phone number at some of these stores so I will probably get bombarded with phone calls to come down and pick up stuff, and that's where it will all go awry I think...

haha I believe you man, wish I'd even have those stores in the same country though.. well it gives travelling another purpose ;)

got the marc jacobs prison issue vans in white and in black. they have a bunch of them at the san francisco store. $85 seems like a steal. I almost ordered those visvans off that site above, but I'm happy with two pairs of these instead

I believe the magazine itself retails for 25.00

I picked it up at a newstand store here in nyc. You can get that and back issues at similar newstand stores, like Around the World newstand, they tend to keep around back issues. (and they're generally a bit cheaper)

i haven't seen it anywhere online; i picked up my copy in NYC at a Universal News magazine/newspaper shop. i believe they were stickered as $26, other people have stated they've seen them going for more than that.