• Servo2000
    • tweedlesinpink
    • digital_denim
    • I loves them ALL <3

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i mean this whole thread. and the millions of its brethren are just you reminding us that you are jamtsu. just incase we forgot that you love to flame and spout fountains of half interesting critiques that would be completely tolerable were they not plastered over every corner of this board, you reminds us of this. it seems like you are acting rather than doing. thats the core of the whole stanivloski method (no clue how to spell that) that there is no acting, only doing. rather than pretend to read a book while on stage, actually read a book, the moment you try to remind the audience that you are reading a book, you lose them. you dont need to remind the audience that you are holding a book in your hand and are enjoying it, if you just enjoy the book onstage the audience will get it. half of your posts jamtsu its like you are reminding all of sufu that you are holding the book godam it, holding the fuuuckkinng book, look at me theres a fucking book in my hands, im reading it, look at my eyes, see! they are moving, horizonatlly, are the page. see it!? see it?!

im being incredibly vague, and i dont know if that makes any sense to anyone who doesnt have method acting bullshit shoved down their throat every day. but im saying that you have this whole E persona, and rather than let us percieve your E persona through your necessary and motivated actions, you go out of the way to make sure that we pick up on your E persona. and thats when you lose the audience, and people stop caring. alot of your posts are insightful and helpful and informative, but its just too much, everywhere to the extent that i stop caring about the positive aspects of your posts and i only just get annoyed at your blatant exaggeration of all things jmatsu.

fuck i have horrible comma usage.

and im hungry.

dude, i am not a moderator....wrong thread. i briefly speed-read this. your'e right it is vague. so in a nutshell you think that my e-persona is contrived, no? that i am trying to live up to it?

i never had any interest in method acting or whatever, but i don't really see the point of this entire diatribe especially in the context of this thread's subject.

you mad the claim that photography is the heart of superculture, i called you on it, now you are ranting about my abundance of posting?

rather than let us percieve your E persona through your necessary and motivated actions, you go out of the way to make sure that we pick up on your E persona

this statement seems redundant, because whether it be i, or any other member, everyone makes comments that they feel are necessary. if people were not motivated why would they bother commenting on a public forum??

could you just say what you gotta say a little more specifically, because the acting metaphor is to encombersome to scrutinize.

thanks.

that's actually pretty interesting that you are talking about acting, corbin

jmatsu has used the word "hypocrisy" several times in connection with my modding and it led me to do a little research into the etymology of the word

the only sense that it applies to me is that i am answering a fellow actor on stage, jmatsu being my co-star

but he uses it as an insult which is a bit baffling to me

denim, i didn't mean the accusation to be an insult. sorry if it came off as one or you took it that way. i just meant that alot of moderating is hypocritical because it is not often objective. for example, a certain mod just broke sufu rules in this thread...you acknowledged it yet do nothing. it's as if the rules are enforced on mere whims. they are enforced when they seem to benefit the particular mod or the superfuture machine's agenda.

i dont really see what my comment about the photothread being the heart of superculture has to do with it?

i dont say that the post itself is unmotivated. if you are making a post at all, there probably some motivation in there. but wrapping it up in superflous axis of evil bs seems to me to be contrived.

i dont really see what my comment about the photothread being the heart of superculture has to do with it?

i dont say that the post itself is unmotivated. if you are making a post at all, there probably some motivation in there. but wrapping it up in superflous axis of evil bs seems to me to be contrived.

simply and for like the 3rd time, i you made a statment about superculture and it's mod. i don't agree with it.

i still don't get what you are trying to say.

it's ok, i was not insulted. and i see what you are saying but i find it far too simple. consider the idea that having two contrary ideas at the same time is a sign of cognitive complexity.

i don't know, i don't like your moral indignation. it is meaningless on an electronic forum. i would rather think of you as a wily existential character. just out for himself. like the dude in breathless.

for instance i admit to often using the term "gay" in a context that may be demeaning/insulting to homosexuals, but i and other have yet to recieve infractions for this. there haven't been too many repurcussions, yet for example you locked my lesbians thread (which was not insulting at all to the sufu lesbian community). even if my motivation was one of homophobia or satire the particular inquiries in that thread could have been judged to not have been so. what i am getting at is, is that some of the moderation is less then consistent. it sucks, but as a moderator i feel that you have the responsibility to moderate on a more objective plane. you shouldn't be so half assed about shit, understand? a moderator, carl just threatened me with violence...is he above sufu law???

i do not understand why you would describe my mentality or some of my commentary as "moral indignation." i am genuinely curious to why you would have used these terms, but for a moderator or a board i am sure you don't agree with alot of opinions and morality of many a member. this is the nature of an open forum...so i don't get it. if everyone agreed with the mass opinion here, this forum would lose it's meaning.

you can think of me as lazlo kovacs, and i'd like to take that as a compliment, but truthfully, while a majority of the time i am usually "just out for myself" i am fond of some of the other members i've met on this board and am genuinely in debt for some of the knowledge gained here that i find personally find important or of some redeeming value.

appreciate the comments, j, but i didn't know 2 people hated me :(

i'm going back to hunker down in superdenim.

people hate tweeds? i am actually surprised about this, im actually a little surprised that people voted against coldrice also.

... consider the idea that having two contrary ideas at the same time is a sign of cognitive complexity.

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Haven't had mod trouble, so all I have to say is: I <3 Minya. (and that i agree with 80-95% of jmatsu's initial mod review)

personally i think that once one is mod'ed, most of them start to take a step back from posting. hap, minya, dd, even for your sake here carl. I haven't seen carl post in weeks...

I think I actually started posting more when I got modded, or at the very least kept my 5-odd posts a day going.

An average of 7% of the board hates me and only 2/7th of them admitted it.

I figure that's doing pretty well with 3,500 posts or so, but still.

:(

On a side note, I believe that's the first time I've ever used a smiley.

Guest jeffvyain
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

what a great quote. mike lowrey, you don't suck that bad. i understand you were only trying to do your job as a mod here, but i think your judgment of my comment and how you should handle it was pretty rash. if you cared for the people you are protecting here, you would understand that I was only trying to help us SFers by letting them know that if they bought an inferior camera at a high price compared to the significantly better cameras that I mentioned at nearly half the price, they'd be robbing themselves. Money doesn't grow on trees, and my information was useful and utilitarian in nature.

fucking a, this shit is rich. ive tried to rep the "good" and "bad" characters of sufu so many times throughout this whole thread. but i cant, ive already rubbed my e-love all over each of you in the past... you guys have me entirely beat -im all dried up and shriveled like a raisin.

ehem... no homo.

My only disagreement with the moderation is the way in which it seems moderators were chosen. Simply being a prominent poster, having good WAYWTs, photography, having high rep, being funny, being friendly (the list goes on) are not qualities that instantly should grant someone moderator priveleges.

I think of Superfuture as being like a middle school cafeteria, and you have 7 or 8 hall monitor kids trying to deal with shit that's just way too busy and complicated to take care of on a strict rule basis, so the troublemakers are constantly picking on them and in the end they're pretty much powerless.

No offense to all the mods but IMO the only one who should really be a mod at Sufu (aside from the original admins) is Minya, who is not entirely consistent but has a pretty good judgment and is willing to make tougher decisions that are usually for the best. I think OMC could make a good mod but feel like he'd rather just keep posting, there would be a lot of crushed souls if he had to lock or ban people since I have a feeling he's one of the most looked-up-to members of SuFu.

Actually I think Hap mods pretty well, too. I personally like all the mods here as people & posters, but I agree to some extent that for example, Carl being an excellent photographer does not qualify him to be a mod.

Jmatsu man if you keep grinding your axe you're not going to have any axe left.

OK ladies break it up or I'm hosing you down.

But which mod has the biggest hose?

Dark Animal for total goth ninja bogan overlord.

*Disclaimer: If Team Begz turns job down first.

w_w: I can see what youre saying, but the thing is, 90% of moderation and administrative functions consists of activity you have no idea about as an observer. the other 10% is something people complain and argue about in trash. how we cope with a few loudmouthed pests is a very small part of moderating.

I can see what youre saying, but the thing is, 90% of moderation and administrative functions consists of activity you have no idea about. the other 10% is something people complain and argue about in trash. how we cope with a few loudmouthed pests is a very small part of moderating.

Being a moderator myself on an another board, I'm quite aware of what 100% of the moderation duties consist of and the difficulties that go along with it - I'll refrain from commenting on my own moderator abilities because there's been enough vitriol thrown around in this thread.

I agree with what you're saying here, but I still feel like PR is a pretty important part of being a moderator, and part of a good image is projecting deserved authority.

I'm not naming names about any moderators because like I said, I like all of them and I don't want to get on anyone's bad sides because all of the mods are people who's opinions and posts I value. I just don't necessarily value the moderation from all of them.