Dry Denim - How long did you wait?

Rockn

I thought this could be sort of a poll...

But, how long did you guys wait to wash your dry denim jeans, what kind(s) were they, and what type of results did you get?

I have seen mixed results on here of people who didn't wait at all and people who did stick it out and was wondering what kind of experiences everyone had.

I waited about a month? I dono, I've washed them like 6 times now and I bought them april 28th. I'll post pictures tomorrow. Verry differnt than everyone elses.

5 months, never washed never drycleaned. Just Fibreeze. I'm planning to wear them with out wash for at least a year. One of the reasons, I'm affraid of the shrinkage in the length. Based on the posts of some who already have washed them, my fades doesn't even come close to half those results.

Quote:

I waited about a month? I dono, I've washed them like 6 times now and I bought them april 28th. I'll post pictures tomorrow. Verry differnt than everyone elses.

--- Original message by ChadR on Aug 11, 2005 12:14 AM

I agree, i mean, just wear your jeans, don't wait, I waited for a couple of pairs, from here on out, I'm done with the keep it dirty style. I'll wash like 1 a month.

tons of stuff for sale now on ebay: corpus, hollywood ranch, levi's premium, vintage etc.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

im confused is this particular type of jean? if so ignore what i wrote below

but um i used to dry clean my jeans

then i got cheap and hand washed them

then i got lazy and put them in the washing machine

so far so good i guess

but i wear them like 5-6 times before i wash unless something spills on them

as for goin months w.out washing that disgusting and i think guys do nasty shit like that

i hope your mothers raised you better than that...sadly its probably not the case

out to tax...

Quote: as for goin months w.out washing that disgusting and i think guys do nasty shit like that

i hope your mothers raised you better than that...sadly its probably not the case

It's not about how your mother raised you. That's irrelevant. You're really missing the point of dry denim, which was explained by Yakboy Equals Nurturer.

I don't think that's the point of dry denim neccessarily. Some people like the look of dry-unworn denim.

For me, besides underwear and 'don't care' stuff, I try not to wash ANY of my clothes unless they need it: which means odor, or a spill. And when I do, I always machine wash unless there are specific instructions not to. I never put stuff i care about in the dryer.

I feel like I limit my jeans obsession to appreciation, not maintenence. To me, denim is tough and if it is well made, it doesn't matter too much what you do to them, they will age nicely. Hand washing, dry cleaning, not washing for a year, it's all too much work for me. The most I do is hang dry stuff and maybe a little starch here and there. It's denim, not cashmere

That being said: If mymemory serves me, I probably washed my dope + drakkars after maybe 4 months and then maybe once every month or two after that. It took a few washes before they started showing nice wear.

Quote:

im confused is this particular type of jean? if so ignore what i wrote below

but um i used to dry clean my jeans

then i got cheap and hand washed them

then i got lazy and put them in the washing machine

so far so good i guess

but i wear them like 5-6 times before i wash unless something spills on them

as for goin months w.out washing that disgusting and i think guys do nasty shit like that

--- Original message by hypnotic on Aug 11, 2005 10:23 AM

kid just aint got a clue

i dont thats why i said maybe i misunderstood

so explain it to me

are you goin for a stiff look i think the air drying thing that was mentioned makes sense

and yea i dont know dirty clothes on clean skin is pretty nasty to me

but then again im not a dude and i think a lot of dudes have nasty ways

out to tax...

ok you seem pretty confused,

dry jeans are jeans with no wash, when you buy them they are hard as cardboard and very dark. you wear them for as long as possible, making your own creases by naturally wearing them and once youf eel that enough indigo has faded you wash them, and that removes the indigo and you end up with a jean looking like a mirror to relfect how you wore them

chwa?

Quote:

Isn't there a product that removes the smell without just covering it up?

I hate the way febreeze smells.

It reminds me of when I used to work in a fish market, and had to febreeze all my clothes to get the smell of fish guts out.

--- Original message by eastcoastrider27 on Aug 11, 2005 03:14 PM

Actually, I hate how Febreeze smells as well. It always reminds me of the smell of rental bowling shoes... that nasty anti-septic crap they spray on the shoes between each rental. But I find that if you just spray on a very very light amount of Febreeze at a far distance... like 2 sprays per leg at about 12" away, and let it dry in the sun for a few hours, it'll actually smell OK.

Quote: Isn't there a product that removes the smell without just covering it up?

Baking soda, I went to lunch with my mom like a week ago and she asked what i'd been up to and long story short i explained the whole denim fasnation and she thought it was alittle weird and thought febreezing was gross but if you put like an open container of baking soda or like a ventilated bag of it around it that it would remove the smell. I have yet to come up with how exactly i'm going to do it mostly cause my apc's dont smell yet cause i haven't really worn them a whole lot yet (been too hot) or just haven't really sweated in them much i guess, but if done right it should work quite well.

Edited by ebayologist on Aug 11, 2005 at 04:52 PM

Im fairly new to this as well, 2 months without washing. But I think that if you wash your junk and shower every day it wont leave strong smells in the jeans. Cause even in summer wear, my jeans are not stinking. But I could be wrong.

Quote: Im fairly new to this as well, 2 months without washing. But I think that if you wash your junk and shower every day it wont leave strong smells in the jeans. Cause even in summer wear, my jeans are not stinking. But I could be wrong.

i skate in mine, they actually have sweat marks at the knees icon_smile_dead.gif

F**K HYPE

solecollector.com

getlifted.net

overstand.net

I wait till my jeans are unbearable and then wait another month. They don't really stink, but they get really dirty. I think it all depends on the hours of wear and what you are doing in them. I think that long wear in the dry state is very important for "Holy Cow" production. Probably more important than that is to buy a close fitting jean.

Carpe Denim!

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG