Dry Denim - How long did you wait?

Rockn

Quote: I wait till my jeans are unbearable and then wait another month. They don't really stink, but they get really dirty. I think it all depends on the hours of wear and what you are doing in them. I think that long wear in the dry state is very important for "Holy Cow" production. Probably more important than that is to buy a close fitting jean.

Very true! Wear them until you can't wear them anymore, then wear them for longer. And I agree, the best holy cow's come from jeans that are worn for ridiculous amounts of time without washing.

Quote:
Quote: I wait till my jeans are unbearable and then wait another month. They don't really stink, but they get really dirty. I think it all depends on the hours of wear and what you are doing in them. I think that long wear in the dry state is very important for "Holy Cow" production. Probably more important than that is to buy a close fitting jean.

Very true! Wear them until you can't wear them anymore, then wear them for longer. And I agree, the best holy cow's come from jeans that are worn for ridiculous amounts of time without washing.

--- Original message by wild_whiskey on Aug 12, 2005 10:57 AM

What about the "Eternal recipe"? You know, the Japanese dude who wore the same pair for a year but washed them once a month, or thereabouts...

I'm coming up onto 4 months with my Nudies and I wonder if I should wash them at the end of the month or just keep on trucking out until November.

Those eternals look absolutely fantastic. I have followed that method with my Nudies and they came out really nicely, however the holy cows aren't that drastic. I have no idea how the guy with the eternals has kept them so dark - I guess they're probably just a much better dying method than anything I've worn in. He also used a fancy washing detergent, which might have something to do with it.

Quote:

Those eternals look absolutely fantastic. I have followed that method with my Nudies and they came out really nicely, however the holy cows aren't that drastic. I have no idea how the guy with the eternals has kept them so dark - I guess they're probably just a much better dying method than anything I've worn in. He also used a fancy washing detergent, which might have something to do with it.

--- Original message by wild_whiskey on Aug 12, 2005 12:24 PM

Haha, what's a "holy cow"?

Have you tried using Woolite Dark? BTW your Nudies are looking pretty awesome, if you ask me.

I'm still trying ot udnerstand the denim thing, so once you wash out all th eiindigo it leaves amirrior image of the creases? or does it just lighten out the jeans and wash out the excess indigo?

and what's the difference b/w raw and dry denim?