Raf Simons x Eastpak

pmpacrmb

Raf Simons Teams Up With Eastpak for Accessories

By ALESSANDRA ILARI

Oct. 23, 2007

MILAN — Raf Simons has hopped on the co-branding wagon.

The Belgian designer, in fact, has joined forces with Eastpak to develop a line of accessories under the Raf Simons Eastpak name. It will be infused with Simons’ staple accoutrements such as cuts and quirky details.

Eastpak has become a household name with a cult global following thanks to trendy yet sturdy backpacks in cotton Cordura. Simons and Eastpak first teamed up for the spring 2008 runway show, which led to a more solid union.

The project, which lasts for two seasons starting with fall/winter 2008-09, comprises of knapsacks, duffel bags and small accessories developed by Simons that will be carried in the designer’s 110 salespoints worldwide, plus select Eastpak doors.

http://www.dnrnews.com/site/article.php?id=795

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I miss something? The SS08 bags are being produced with Eastpack, if you look at the closeup runway pics you can see the eastpack logo on the bags.

Where'd you get that they are going to be cheaper?

Raf Simons Teams Up With Eastpak for Accessories

By ALESSANDRA ILARI

Oct. 23, 2007

MILAN — Raf Simons has hopped on the co-branding wagon.

The Belgian designer, in fact, has joined forces with Eastpak to develop a line of accessories under the Raf Simons Eastpak name. It will be infused with Simons’ staple accoutrements such as cuts and quirky details.

Eastpak has become a household name with a cult global following thanks to trendy yet sturdy backpacks in cotton Cordura. Simons and Eastpak first teamed up for the spring 2008 runway show, which led to a more solid union.

The project, which lasts for two seasons starting with fall/winter 2008-09, comprises of knapsacks, duffel bags and small accessories developed by Simons that will be carried in the designer’s 110 salespoints worldwide, plus select Eastpak doors.

http://www.dnrnews.com/site/article.php?id=795

for those who do not want to pay for his $1k(?) ss08 mainline backpacks...

Did I miss something? The SS08 bags are being produced with Eastpack, if you look at the closeup runway pics you can see the eastpack logo on the bags.

Where'd you get that they are going to be cheaper?

You didn't miss anything. My bad - I misread the article, and thought RS will be collaborating with Eastpak in another project in addition to the accessories collaboration the two had in ss08 show.

Guest supernoob

wow...did rafa get more stockists or sumthin??? 110 salespoint plus eastpak places?? cuz i emale eastpak a while ago n they say it would only b available from shops carryin raf.

Guest supernoob
Nah, I would guess Raf sells to 110 shops worldwide. That isn't that much.

damn.

is he in afrika or sum shit???

there only b lyk...10 shop in amerikkka that sells right??? so 100 in europe, south amerika, asia, and australia???

Nah, I think there's a lot more than 10 in the US.

off the top of my head; A, 7, Barneys (4-5?), South Willard, Hlorenzo, Barneys Co-Ops (RbyR), and I'm sure a bunch others under the radar.

I believe all those 110 stockists include the Raf by Raf line too. Shit, I bet Japan has 40 of those stockists alone.

Afrika iz al about dat RaF SliMons.

Guest supernoob
Nah, I think there's a lot more than 10 in the US.

off the top of my head; A, 7, Barneys (4-5?), South Willard, Hlorenzo, Barneys Co-Ops (RbyR), and I'm sure a bunch others under the radar.

I believe all those 110 stockists include the Raf by Raf line too. Shit, I bet Japan has 40 of those stockists alone.

Afrika iz al about dat RaF SliMons.

I HEAR diktators went craze ovr monseigneur coat.

Guest supernoob

cetnury 21 aint count

n i thought bblessin only got raf by.

btw there a stocklist on the website 4 raf

i thnk there b 110 on her but i dont count

jeffrey in nyc apparently got it

• 2 weeks later...

$6000 (if that is indeed what certain ones are going to cost) is absolutely out of its mind for any bag, seriously I'm certain that Eastpack has these produced in the same factory where all there stuff is being made (wherever that is, no expert on Eastpack) using it's regular machines and probably only slightly higher grade materials, so mr Simons must really charge a high design fee then? I call Bullshit!

... just like $60,000 for a woman's bag is ridiculous.

Would one be able to life in a bag that expensive?

• 6 months later...