What to wear - with a Grey Blazer

home

Hey guys,

looking for a shirt/tie/trouser combo to wear with this slim-fitting blazer:

1208140_b_5.jpg

its for a formal event, but not 'black-tie'

obvious selection might be black trousers, white shirt, skinny black tie

thought this may be a little played though

perhaps black trousers, black shirt, black tie? not too sure that ive ever seen the whole black shirt/tie combo pulled off very well down here though

think im pretty much restricted to black trousers, seeing as though i wont be able to match the blazer's pattern/colour with a pair of grey trousers.

your thoughts?

cheers

This is tough because it's not really a 'grey' blazer it's a black and white or black and light grey blazer. Normally I'd say dark grey pants and a white shirt w/ white shoes but on this I'd rock a white tee, black baggy trousers, and a pair of black boots.

This is tough because it's not really a 'grey' blazer it's a black and white or black and light grey blazer. Normally I'd say dark grey pants and a white shirt w/ white shoes but on this I'd rock a white tee, black baggy trousers, and a pair of black boots.

Yeah, it is a little tough.

Need to wear a shirt & tie though, and I'd probably prefer to wear 'slim' black trousers.

Thanks, though.

Anyone else?

White shirt, black tie. DONE. Play it safe man, a light purple sweater is gay, and the black vest might clash with anything else you bring into the equation.

I see how that can be played, but.. thats where subtle details come in. Add something to your outfit that will not make it look as played.. Maybe a tie bar or something. A classic look is never played.

White shirt, black tie. DONE. Play it safe man, a light purple sweater is gay, and the black vest might clash with anything else you bring into the equation.

I see how that can be played, but.. thats where subtle details come in. Add something to your outfit that will not make it look as played.. Maybe a tie bar or something. A classic look is never played.

Hmm, yeah, well this is certainly the way I'm leaning now. Thanks.

Anyone else with an idea?

there was a really nice waywt with this same jacket ages ago. i forgot who it was though, but he was one of the first to purchase a hare blazer if i remember correctly.

Wouldn't mind seeing this - I couldn't find it either.

Any other opinions on the issue?

definitly. i'd keep it simple just add a little tie clip. unless you wear april 77 ties and cant possibly find one small enough haha...

does anyone think it will be too much of a contrast wearing everything black (trousers, shoes, shirt, tie), and then this light grey blazer?

i'm afraid that would look horrible.

your only option is white shirt/blacktie/black pants.