Kanye West's new clothing line - Pastelle

jonovision

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kanye is a SELF-glorified fashion icon. most of the times he's clueless and arrogant with his fashion-know-it-all swagger in complex.

"it's just a phase and you know damn well that you'll fall off in a minute cause that shit don't sell"

Quote:

Not trying to be a hater but....

am i the only one doesn't see the connection between Kanye and fashion?

I mean he dresses better than say...Redman but i don't think he can be considerd a fashion icon. His style is basic GQ/Details.

--- Original message by nappywun on Aug 9, 2005 06:16 AM

I don't think Kanye might necessarily be a style icon to any of us here on this forum but that's primarily because we're a bit more fashion-educated than the general population. But if you compare his style to that of others in the rap game, he does stand out.

Kanye is a self proclaimed fashion icon with no substance or though put behind it, and after hearing about him being this producing prodigy then whats this hes stealing Jay Z's beats. who is to say that his fashion ideas arent original either. and to tell the truth his fashion choices arent very original. popping a collar dear lord, that one has been rocked....in the eighties just brough back more prep shit

chwa?

I'm not at all surprised that kanye is going to start his own line...

if you're mainstream hip hop artist, it's what you're 'supposed to do'...

It's just another way to rack up the millions as a 'hip hop entrepreneur'

I see no longevity in the name pastelle and baby backpacks on grown

men are not cute and never will be cute...

oh um i think he dresses way better than common and mos def

are you joking

i actually likes his color combos his clothes are cool but yea im not saying hes the best

truthfully i dont know how any of you dress

its like saying oh well i got a chanel dress and you rock it wrong

really 98% of time its not about what it is its about how you wear it

and i think he wears his stuff pretty well icon well no but most men are not fashion icons hate to burst your collective bubbles

out to tax...

I don't see anything wrong with Kanye's sense of fashion, he's always well put together. He's always got dope pieces on, whether it's his shoes, belt, jacket or whatever. I think he's a fashion icon in the sense that people are always looking at what he's wearing whether you agree or disagree with his style. Atleast his line won't be huge baggy jeans and XXXL t's like the rest of rappers' lines.

I'm so self-conscious...

Being able to afford to buy certain things and having the sense to look in a magazine or two for style tips does not make a fashion designer. I agree it's better to rock fitted argyles that 5XL white tees, but that still doesn't mean that we should be subjected to it as an alternative. From the point of raising th bar in "hip hop fashion" pastels is not the direction I want to go in. I'll take Sean John any day.

Afrique C'est Chic

not sure if this has much to do with it - but on fader magazines website recently, there was a mention of Kanye picking up 3 rabbit coats from a showroom in NY - does he really need 3 of the same coat? Perhaps he's using them as patterns for his own line??? (will try to find the link and post it later)

Kanye dresses Nice for what he dresses like

I'd love to know who ya'll think are fashion Icons? Like it seems very easy to say no this guy isn't but I've yet to hear anyone even mention anything abuot who is

and I still find it hilarious that a long white t shitr is so horribly unfashionable. "lets rank on what kid in the hood do, but then say the most fashionable T shitrs out are smedium vnitage washed ones with images idolizing ideals which were bred in their neighborhoods" Its all very interesting. Lets se what hapens if this keeps going, because the way it looks now in five years the coolest thnig will be t shirts with graphics of fitted hats with stickers on them, long white tees, and cam'ron to replace the images of cazal shades, four fniger rings, big boom boxes, and biggie smalls, But hey maybe I'm wrong maybe theres zero connection

now not to be like everyone else, I would say the most fashionable people ni hip hop are Jay-z, TIP, and cam'ron

lol at the hate. kanye is a genious, musically, and he is also artistic. dunno if anyone has seen his art, but he coulda went that direction as well. its not far fetched for him to come up with his own line of clothing. he has great style, and he's good at art /understatement. this coming from a graphics major. the dude is nice. no one has seen that mtv special when he showed some of his artwork?

p1087600.gif X empavatar.gif