Kanye West's new clothing line - Pastelle

jonovision

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Kanye dresses Nice for what he dresses like

I'd love to know who ya'll think are fashion Icons? Like it seems very easy to say no this guy isn't but I've yet to hear anyone even mention anything abuot who is

and I still find it hilarious that a long white t shitr is so horribly unfashionable. "lets rank on what kid in the hood do, but then say the most fashionable T shitrs out are smedium vnitage washed ones with images idolizing ideals which were bred in their neighborhoods" Its all very interesting. Lets se what hapens if this keeps going, because the way it looks now in five years the coolest thnig will be t shirts with graphics of fitted hats with stickers on them, long white tees, and cam'ron to replace the images of cazal shades, four fniger rings, big boom boxes, and biggie smalls, But hey maybe I'm wrong maybe theres zero connection

now not to be like everyone else, I would say the most fashionable people ni hip hop are Jay-z, TIP, and cam'ron

--- Original message by jjs home on Aug 9, 2005 03:16 PM

LOL @ any rapper being fashionable...those guys can't even spell fashion.

Now that farnsworth bentley, there's a dapper lad if I've ever seen one.

Quote:

not sure if this has much to do with it - but on fader magazines website recently, there was a mention of Kanye picking up 3 rabbit coats from a showroom in NY - does he really need 3 of the same coat? Perhaps he's using them as patterns for his own line??? (will try to find the link and post it later)

--- Original message by gboogie on Aug 9, 2005 01:42 PM

the other 2 coats will end up on ebay icon_smile_big.gif

anyway, i have to agree that kanye dresses better than other rappers. as for his own line, it will remain to be seen

He'll also have Adidas and LRG on his line...

hopefully it's not arms like your boys P. Diddy and Jay-z...

and lately Kanye has been breaking scenes so I'm anticipating it won't be totally "hiphop".

no luck

Quote:

calling Kanye a genious? c´mon....he´s so far from genious its not even funny.

Keep a look-out for Andre 3000´s collection instead...an no, not that shitty Outkast stuff that they had nothing to do with.

--- Original message by coolhunter on Aug 10, 2005 01:48 PM

im so through with rappers trying to do clothing, im not hating, i just feel clothing should be left to people that do that from 9-5 for a living.. to each is own but it just saturates the market with bullshit i.e. g-unit etc...

but itll be nice to see what kanye brings to the plate i dont see my self wearing anything hip hop orientated anymore maybe influenced though..but im down with supporting the real people doing it for a living!!

"Brothers start to shake when i dig in the crates"

I think part of the problem is people not playing their roles. I'm all for an artist getting into the clothing business (what better way to capitalize on your fame) but the problem comes when they try to be involved in the design process from the beginning. Running a clothing business is a big task and designing is only part of that. It has to be learned just like everything else, and experience counts. So, for Kanye getting "famous" designers, good for him, but hopefully he lets them do their job until he gets the hang of it. I'm sure he's way busy anyway.

Coincidentally, I just read an article on Edun (Bono's clothing line designed by Rogan) and was impressed by what he was trying to do from a business stand point.

Afrique C'est Chic

im just cosining on jj's home

im not a fan of the tskirt

but i respect what the kids are doing

i did questionable stuff as teenager

i think the long white tee was the best movement in a while

out to tax...

Quote:

I dont know why so many of you are hating on kanye

he dresses better than most of the cats on here, even though he doesnt rock the same pair of APCs for a month.

--- Original message by homi29 on Aug 11, 2005 08:03 AM

Its easy to dress well when you have a lot of $$$$$$$$$, and whats with all the hype of APC's there just denim relax!

"Brothers start to shake when i dig in the crates"

Quote:

fat joe should have his own clothing line

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Aug 9, 2005 12:53 PM

he has. fj560

i love kanyes music. like him as a person. hes dressed okay. but his backpack? cmon?!

he was on german music televison viva for an interview. then he showed his ugly lv backpack into the camera and said: "this is my louis vouitton backpack, it's louis vuitton. very expensive." and forced the VJ to translate that! wtf?! LV is european. we are not stupid here. every other wealthy 60 years old woman has this ugly bag!

Quote:
Quote:

he dresses better than most of the cats on here, even though he doesnt rock the same pair of APCs for a month.

--- Original message by homi29 on Aug 11, 2005 08:03 AM

Its easy to dress well when you have a lot of $$$$$$$$$, and whats with all the hype of APC's there just denim relax!

--- Original message by protectthagoons on Aug 11, 2005 12:35 PM

i think that should answer your APC question! icon_smile_clown.gif
Quote: haha yep, i'm full on bandwagoning at the moment

"it's just a phase and you know damn well that you'll fall off in a minute cause that shit don't sell"

• 2 years later...

He told Jay he copped some lavinz

Next thing he knows, he copped some lavinz

Back of his mind, he was like "damn, the hell"

Translate Espanol: yo quiero taco bell

He told Jay he copped some lavinz

Next thing he knows, he copped some lavinz

Back of his mind, he was like "damn, the hell"

Translate Espanol: yo quiero taco bell

my nigga fab is a hip-hop prophet

find new ways to make hip-hop profit

Didn't look at the date...ha

Kanye doesnt bother me half as much as Pharrell does... But I think that what isnt taken into account a lot is that a lot of these guys have stylists who spend all their time planning what these dudes are going to wear and shit.

Not always. Kanye has his own unique style and when attending fashion shows and formal events he's sometimes dressed very nicely.

kanye-pastelle-sm.jpg

"According to the L.A. Times, that hoody Kanye was spotted rocking at the Dior show in Paris last week is from his much anticipated Pastelle clothing line. I think that shark fin at the top of the hood is an interesting touch" -Nahright.com

hmm...