New design---feedback desired

Proletariat

No worries man, I like the honest feedback. The shirt is already made, and I trust what the SF people say, but at the same time they have been wrong before. I guess I was a little worried about what the people thought of the message less than the design. I ran it past a couple of Indian friends of mine and they were all down.

DEEP (10)

Nothing says your serious about making a difference better than a purple t-shirt.

Plus, I think if an actual Native American saw you wearing that shirt he'd probably sue you for referring to him as a "species"..........on second thought, he would probably just try to sell you fireworks. Zing!

(It's OK, I'm 1/8 Cherokee)

First of all Native American is not the preferred term for Indians. Most Indians prefer to be called by their tribe ie:Navajo or they would rather be called an Indian, because the white man coined the phrase Native American. I ran this design by a bunch of Indians because my aim was to inform, not to offend or shock in order to make a quick buck. But we all come to view things with our own influences so I know some people will be offended, but a wise friend told me the only thing about this shirt that is offensive is the fact that it is true.

First of all Native American is not the preferred term for Indians. Most Indians prefer to be called by their tribe ie:Navajo or they would rather be called an Indian, because the white man coined the phrase Native American. I ran this design by a bunch of Indians because my aim was to inform, not to offend or shock in order to make a quick buck. But we all come to view things with our own influences so I know some people will be offended, but a wise friend told me the only thing about this shirt that is offensive is the fact that it is true.

Ha hah. If you are going to try to spin knowledge get your facts straight. The white man coined the phrase "Indian" as it relates to American Indians as well, FYI. The race which coined the terms has little to do with the preferred terminology; the arguments of being labeled as "Native American" vs. "Indian" have to do with the implications of the etymology.

Anyway, that isn't the argument. The shirt is fine and I can't imagine what kind of constructive criticism you would need. It's a photo and a phrase, there isn't much room for variance.

What if you don't know what tribe they originate from?

I think in Canada the politically correct therm is "Aboriginal Peoples".

Proletariat - the graphic in the background might make a decent shirt.

I think in Canada the politically correct therm is "Aboriginal Peoples".

I think they're called eskimos.

gasoline and crystal meth are to indians what boat propellers are to manatee?

Also, radiator fluid.