Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

im gonna email gordon... thinking that it wouldnt hurt to extend the time till the end of november. i doubt it will make that much of a difference in the results.

if anyone feels differently, please let me know.

Not that I really care since I'm salaryman status, but I was always under the impression that the contest was going to end that day no matter what. This was decided to make the contest uniform in some way because it would be impossible to measure a year's wear time for everyone.

my 2 cents

i was just discussing with gordon which waist size i should pick in the upcoming dubbleworks 660s.

he told me to ask my question here.

i want to end up with a 36.5 to max. 37 waist after a hot soak and wear.

should i go for the 33 (35 after hot soak) or 34 (36 after hot soak)?

how much do they stretch in average?

thanks ...

My 660s are tagged 33W and my waist, from my measurement, is 37 and they fit pretty well. The 660s will stretch and in fact, I might even consider the 32s if your waist closer to 36. Otherwise, the 33 are quite comfortable for me, but I needed a belt as they stretched out.

Teaser pics before last wash and end of contest:

2996590800_a362b6f7ed.jpg

2995798657_fe179507fa.jpg

My 660s are tagged 33W and my waist, from my measurement, is 37 and they fit pretty well. The 660s will stretch and in fact, I might even consider the 32s if your waist closer to 36. Otherwise, the 33 are quite comfortable for me, but I needed a belt as they stretched out.

lucky chap i am!

i am exactly your size.

what is the actual waist measurement of your 660s?

i'll propably find fit pics from you on this thread, right?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to soonami again.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to lildavid again.

lildavid has written the textbook for how to beautifully fade denim. study it.

Teaser pics before last wash and end of contest:

2996590800_a362b6f7ed.jpg

2995798657_fe179507fa.jpg

cant wait to see the rest.

lucky chap i am!

i am exactly your size.

what is the actual waist measurement of your 660s?

i'll propably find fit pics from you on this thread, right?

I think the waist stretched to just about 37" but they shrink a good bit after a wash or soak and stretch back out over the course of about 10 wears.

Yeah there are fit pics somewhere in this thread, but here's an older one:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1275260&postcount=3553

I think the waist stretched to just about 37" but they shrink a good bit after a wash or soak and stretch back out over the course of about 10 wears.

Yeah there are fit pics somewhere in this thread, but here's an older one:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1275260&postcount=3553

I've had the same experience with mine. My waist is 35" right now, and I actually have 34" 660s. To get it to fit for me I had to do a hot wash and hot dry. It was a little loose after the first hot shrink, but after the second hot wash and dry, they actually fit snug, which amazed me. As long as I wear a belt, the waist doesn't stretch out. If I didn't wear a belt, the waist would just stretch and stretch.

Though, on reflection, 33" would have been better.

I've had the same experience with mine. My waist is 35" right now, and I actually have 34" 660s. To get it to fit for me I had to do a hot wash and hot dry. It was a little loose after the first hot shrink, but after the second hot wash and dry, they actually fit snug, which amazed me. As long as I wear a belt, the waist doesn't stretch out. If I didn't wear a belt, the waist would just stretch and stretch.

Though, on reflection, 33" would have been better.

are you talking in tagged sizes or actual sizes?!

are you talking in tagged sizes or actual sizes?!

The tagged 34" fits my 35" waist. These jeans are capable of some serious shrinkage if you do hot washes and hot drying. I noticed that with distressed Warehouse duckdiggers, too, which are tortured to death. They don't stop shrinking until after a few washes. All the same, I think I would have preferred a tagged 33" waist; I don't think I'd have to torture them so much to get shrinkage.

Alright, I'm comin up on just about a year. Sized down 2 from my normal, went with the same size I wear in APC. Probably put in around 9 months of solid wear, with 3 washes in the machine. Pretty happy with how they came out!

These are indoor pics, tried to get a good representation of color, but I really need to do some outdoor sun-light shots too. Let me know what you think!

dsc03796fh3.jpg

dsc03798jq7.jpg

dsc03799ev4.jpg

dsc03801vk3.jpg

dsc03802qv6.jpg

dsc03808mx1.jpg

Couple more coming in just a second...