Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

I got major shrinkage on my first effort, because I went to the effort to soak and rinse – repeatedly! It isn’t so much the temperature, really warm is just as good as hot. It’s about making sure the fibers are truly soaked. I put mine into a large bucket (no tub at this residence), but I also changed the water each hour. It’s getting rid of all that starch, as well as getting water thoroughly into the fibers. Very little indigo was lost. After about the fifth time of really rinsing and swapping the water for fresh warm water, I went to bed, leaving them to soak the rest of the night. In the morning, I rinsed them off and hung 'em to dry. I don’t have a dryer at this residence, either. But, the extended soak and rinses did more than one long soak and a dryer. I put them into the sun for the final dry. I got mine, exactly, to tagged & hemmed size from this one afternoon and overnight of soak n’ rinses.

As Gordon has said, repeatedly, you need to show patience to get all the shrinkage out of the way.

Today I've washed my SUFU 660.

God!!! what happened to my cute monkey!!! He needs botox...

There's some pics of washed mine & Nudie straight sven.

http://blog.naver.com/sonador8358 click here and you can see it right away.

and click the picture you can enjoy it larger.

28size after wash

waist - 29"

front rise - 10"

upper thigh - 11"

leg opening - 7.5"

So are these really shrinking after more than 1 wash?

Mine are tagged 30"

Pre-soak they measured 34"

post soak they went down to 33-33.5"

decided to wash (with a little detergent to hopefully take out the starch) and hot dry. That got them down to 32.5"

But I would still like them to lose another inch just becasue they're still a little loose & everybody is saying they're stretching.

has anybody gotten another inch out of a second or 3rd wash?

Mine are a tagged 30, the first soak got them to around 31-31.5. After 2 weeks they're sitting at 32.5. I did a 4 hour soak, hot as the tap will go, and I changed the water 3 times. I've been meaning to do another soak to get them back down and hopefully lose 1/2 an inch in length but no more.

yeah what else can you get for $145? APC? Edwin? pah.

Mine will be dry by the time I get home from work today, I couldn't resist trying them on this morning while they were pretty wet and the shrinkage after a 2 hour hot soak is pretty good. Some lovely leg twist too. I haven't seen any other brands twist that much after just one soak.

Fit pics to follow.

Argh! my package was shipped to the "Bill to" address, so now I have to go see my ex-girl / ex-roomate that I had a huge falling out with. Shit

I have a similar problem. My confirmation e-mail went to the "bill to" e-mail address and I have no idea if the "shipped to" address is correct according to DHL. After entering the tracking number it shows the "shipped from" address but not the "shipped to" address which actually worries me more.

I have a similar problem. My confirmation e-mail went to the "bill to" e-mail address and I have no idea if the "shipped to" address is correct according to DHL. After entering the tracking number it shows the "shipped from" address but not the "shipped to" address which actually worries me more.

Am I the only one that can't find a tracking number within the email sent or on the BiG account roder status info?

===================

Map updated - Finally someone outside of the US

i didn't have tracking when they first shipped them...

i exchanged them weeks ago and am waiting for them to make their arrival today.

they sent me a tracking for the second shipment.

...i hope it arrives today. i had to pay $16 to ship it there via fedex (ground) and $20 for dhl (next day)

yeah, canes would be at least 160 or so--that's if you read and speak japanese.

What are they in Japan? like 16000 yen. I think I paid about 17000 for my okinawas, which is also a bargain.

Tracking:

I didn't have a number because I had mine shipped USPS.

I got major shrinkage on my first effort, because I went to the effort to soak and rinse – repeatedly! It isn’t so much the temperature, really warm is just as good as hot. It’s about making sure the fibers are truly soaked. I put mine into a large bucket (no tub at this residence), but I also changed the water each hour. It’s getting rid of all that starch, as well as getting water thoroughly into the fibers. Very little indigo was lost. After about the fifth time of really rinsing and swapping the water for fresh warm water, I went to bed, leaving them to soak the rest of the night. In the morning, I rinsed them off and hung 'em to dry. I don’t have a dryer at this residence, either. But, the extended soak and rinses did more than one long soak and a dryer. I put them into the sun for the final dry. I got mine, exactly, to tagged & hemmed size from this one afternoon and overnight of soak n’ rinses.

As Gordon has said, repeatedly, you need to show patience to get all the shrinkage out of the way.

i might try this next time. for me, i did a hot soak, continually adding boiling hot water from the stove for 4 hours, then hang dryed overnight, then the dryer for about 20 minutes. i did this twice. after the 2nd hotsoak/dry they got to tagged size. i thought what was different about mine than others i have seen on here, is I got a tagged size 30 as a 32 pre wash. where most size 30's on here measured size 34 pre wash.:confused:

I duno how some of you guys are getting it down to tagged size. I hot soaked 3x and hot tumble dried 3x. I changed the water every 20 mins to keep it hot too.

Tagged Size: 29

Waist is: 15.2"

Leg opening: 8" after altering to about a 32" length

Waist will stretch out couple inches for sure after I start wearing them.. cuz it's all wrinkled right now.

Yeah USPS was better for me to the UK because it saved me about $20 and there is less chance of getting customs slapped on top compared to DHL, who will also rape you with fees if customs are charged. It wasn't an option on the order page but it was mentioned somewhere.

Post soak fit pics:

1906186148_2a8bb5b8f2.jpg

1905348235_eb7454bcca.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with the fit, I guess they will shink a bit more with another soak but these are pretty close to BIG's measurements already so I'll leave them as they are.