wool(rich) pants?

superBobo

In the market for some heavier weight wool pants, not dress pants in other words. Looking for something with a higher rise and preferebly some anti-fit, so that they can be worn lower and slouchy... A heavier weight for a more denim like fall, but not too warm, that they cant be worn indoors...

Se the Oliver Twist -thread in superfashion for more info.

These Woolrich Malone pants might fit the bill 1990.JPG

but since I havent handeled them irl its hard to tell just how warm they are. Anyone got experience with the them?

Other ideas? General suggestions? Anyone else interested?

I'm also in the market here, and recall seeing something fairly similar from Polo (Ralph Lauren) a few years back in their ads where they had painters dressed in wool/tweed suits. The pants didn't bunch up as much because they were tailored quite proper but i'm sure you could get a similar effect.

dosent Engineered Garments make one?

Engineered Garments has put out a few pairs of wool pants. Here are a couple, there are some other ones that are a lot nicer, but I can't seem to find them...

http://www.tpor.jp/item/mensnews/mn163.html

http://hejfina.com/details.asp?txtGender=men&txtNavigation=brand&lngBrandId=62&lngProductId=1187

wow both those filson wool pants look real tempting. one is american and the other is zimbabwe. but how hot can it get in that Mackinaw wool pants? hmmmm.

good question, seems like great pants, but if they cant be worn indoors at all... I think the Woolrich Malone pants are pretty similar both in cut, material and details.

Doesnt anyone have a Filson shop downtown and can check them out irl?

Other ideas? General suggestions? Anyone else interested?

Go to your local goodwill/salvation army. Pick up a pair of wide leg pleated wool pants for like $10. Do not spend $100+ on something like this... you'll kick yourself in a matter of months.

I have a pair of vintage charcoal wool pants I took from my dad, just had them taken in at the waist. I like them-- fun to wear as an alternative to skinny fit pants-- but yeah, like someone mentioned, unlined wool will itch. I don't mind it when it's cold out, but some people might.

I´ve actually been eying those m-51 wool pants (the ones you linked might be slightly earlier) and they do look good, and are really cheap aswell. Super wide cut though, and only green.. not sure if I could handle it, but possibly.

The Woolrich pants looks good aswell, really nice color.

i don't think there is anyway in hell you're going to be able wear those indoors unless you don't have heat. i have the filson version. they are amazing cold weather pants and totally silent. they do tend to absorb odors though. mine smell like a mix between gun powder and compost. i would get the filson whipcord's. even though they cost a lot more than the woolrich pants, you'll actually be able to enjoy wearing them.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking for some whipcord wool pants myself (for hunting) and thought of this thread.

The filson ones are great ofcourse, but expensive.

Until now I have found two more alternatives I like these and these.

The second ones might not really have a flattering cut or be suitable for daily wear, but the cabelas seem to be a pretty acceptable fit. Anyway, I don't know if this is still any use to you, but I thought I'd post them anyway.