shit you hate

RedFoxxworth

Trust me, anyone who isn't a complete moron will understand that saying Happy New Year's is as fucking stupid and illogical as saying Merry Christmas'.

But it isn't called Christmas's day or eve so how is that comparable..

Trust me, anyone who isn't a complete moron will understand that saying Happy New Year's is as fucking stupid and illogical as saying Merry Christmas'.

Or, "For gods' sakes."

Am I the judgmental prick? No no no. A landscape resembling a blackhead-pocked nose is what it is. I don't even want to know about the toejams, hamper crust, or molars.

You're celebrating the new year, not the day on which it became a new year. As I said before, people continue to say Happy New Year's after the first of January, which nullifies the argument that they're saying it in celebration of New Year's Day itself (which is already obvious to perceptive individuals).

Thus it is equally inappropriate to say Happy New Year's as it is to say Merry Christmas', because neither of these celebrations revolve around the day itself; the day is merely the vessel of the concept of the event itself.

Addendum:

But it isn't called Christmas's day or eve so how is that comparable..

Alright then, if "Happy New Year's" is supposedly short for "Happy New Year's Eve/Day", it is therefore equivalent to saying "Merry Christmas Day". No one would ever say that. Why not? Because it's fucking stupid (for a more detailed analysis as to why, see above). The only reason people say "Happy New Year's", is because their feeble minds cannot properly grasp the subtle nuances of our language. You are all wrong; I am right.

you're all idiots, go drink some more

I'm done drinking, it's the 2nd in Australia now.

I HAVE been drinking.

You ARE celebrating the day you fuckwit. You celebrate New Years Eve and New Years Day... I don't know how better to explain it to you.

If you can truthfully tell me that you say "Merry Christmas Day" (and remember, not just on Christmas day - before and after too) as well, I will concede. Apart from that, there is no possible way that I can be wrong.