Is acid wash denim making a comeback?

dim376

There have been some discussions going around that Acid- Wash (bleach -patched) look on jeans may be coming back next year.. Some brands (though not very well known) have been noted for having started to use this wash with predictions that it will be The Trend for next year .. I , however, am not very optimistic about the same since the acid wash is a very cheap kind of wash.. Unless some ways are found to make it look elegant, it cannot be expected to pickup as an important trend.. Any views?

My boss believes in acid washes alot. Both the new Monki collection and Cheap Monday Collection contains a lot of different acid washes. And the ones we've got thus far sell really well so I guess it's already made a comeback here in Stockholm...

levis did acid wash something like 3-4 years ago in australiasia in the tuff skinny model...the first skinny minnies that tsubi did were almost acid wash but bleached back to a pale brown...at about the same time..

in her first collection mala brajkovic did some amazing acid wash jackets with shearling collars.. an update on a bogan staple...along with some interesting jeans...

all of these were black acid wash...going to grey or light brown...i havent seen any of it for at least a year...so it predict it will be short lived when it arrives in the northern hemisphere..

Whilst you're buying acid washes, I've heard speculation a few times now that open-end denim will make a comeback.

That, and scouser perms ;)

ringring - do you think that it is possible? what can oexoe offer ?it would be interesting if it comes back. but i feel that there is so much of OE capacity available that denim manufacturers would jump at it and destroy whatever little fashion that may be created..

Let's not forget that high-waist denim was to make a come back this year as well (mostly in ladies denim), and while some brands have done a few high-waist models (I even saw a small label that did high-waist exclusively at D&A LA) it really has not caught on much and certainly has not replaced low-waist as the trend so acid wash may go the same way.

ringring - do you think that it is possible? what can oexoe offer ?it would be interesting if it comes back. but i feel that there is so much of OE capacity available that denim manufacturers would jump at it and destroy whatever little fashion that may be created..

I think it's unlikely. However I've heard speculation about it several times now, from people who know what they are talking about. A couple of years ago, an extremely experienced gentleman told me that he thought OE machines should be preserved for the possibility of a comeback, just as we have seen with shuttle looms. Then more recently, I've seen a few attempts to deliberately get an 80's OE denim effect. Thicker, less compact denim and salt-n-pepper washes.

I was, however, being sarcastic about the Scouse Perms, but alas, they probably will be back before OE.

Let's not forget that high-waist denim was to make a come back this year as well (mostly in ladies denim), and while some brands have done a few high-waist models (I even saw a small label that did high-waist exclusively at D&A LA) it really has not caught on much and certainly has not replaced low-waist as the trend so acid wash may go the same way.

Although is not as popular as low waist, I see plenty of high waist jeans here (on girls).

Just to add, that OE may not deserve quite as bad a reputation as it seems to have earned, and I've seen some lovely RingxOE denim.

Ringxoe - is sort of still there I feel.. Though not used in Premium Brands, mass brands like Wrangler,Gap, and even Lee use RingxOe in great quantities.. It gets cheaper than ringxring and with a slight manupulation of manufacturing and washing processes, they are able to get looks equivalent to ringxring..

If oe comes back, i think it will in some new avtar - which will create a new look...lets wait and watch