Sign in to follow this  
Akura

Mahjong

Anyone here play Mahjong maybe a Mahjong meet up? :) I just got back from Taiwan and now I love playing the game. Although I only know Taiwanese Style, I know there are tons of other ways to play it.

I used to play this. Once you learn it's an amazing game. My parents used to gamble with their friends all the time when I was a youth and I would learn by watching.

I haven't played since the late 90's.

i ned to learn hw to play. luk gud way to gmable with friend...

on same note, someone should organize online poker game for supafuta on like poker.com or sumthing,...

My fucking uncles play this all the time. Seems to be an interesting game from watching, but the noise from all the blocks clanging n shit getse annoying. As of late, they've been playng poker more often than mahjong though..

its fun... expensive to "learn"

how much everyone plays for?

I play Chinese style with my floormates. All the noise annoys everyone else, but once in a while someone pokes their head in and asks who's playing mahjong.

I only know how to play hk style, taiwanese style is crazy with the point system. Anyone know of any good mahjong games for osx?

1 "fon" = $5

10 "fon" max, 1 "fon" to "eat"

anyone every caught a "gee mor 13 yew"?

speaking of mahjong...

You wanted to tell the good people of the forum how I destroyed you guys when we played? Feel free, we'll do it again anyways.

You wanted to tell the good people of the forum how I destroyed you guys when we played? Feel free, we'll do it again anyways.
`

from what i remember, we both won 4 games no???

from what i remember you guys probably would've won a total of 1 dollar (USD) combined if we were playing for money, with what you guys had...

`

from what i remember, we both won 4 games no???

Haha, yeah I was just fronting. Our hands were quite crappy too.

Haha, yeah I was just fronting. Our hands were quite crappy too.

i printed like 100 pages of rules at work so next time we'll be able to count properly...

Born in Hong Kong, moved to America to SoCal Canto central. Spent time as a baby on my Grandpa's lap in gambling halls, around gambling and cigarette smoke. Probably explains why I love both gambling and cigarettes. I actually remember knowing Mahjong before knowing poker. Cards were weird as a kid.

Sam fun sein sik woo (Three points to wind a hand). Dou dou woo you sai fun (A hand of same-suit triplets and a same-suit pair made of two different suits is worth four points).

Math makes more sense when you use it to gamble.

Sam fun (Three points) to sik woo (win a hand). Dou dou woo (Triplets assembled without concern for suits) you sai fun (h

I play at parties but I always end up getting owned by my drunk uncles who try to bribe me to show my hand with a bottle of San Mig light.

Always was tempted and interested in learning the game, but never have really gotten the chance to. Also doesn't help that I know just about zero people in my area that play it, well maybe except mid-age chinese women...and unfortunately none I've seen are milf-esque.

^ learn from them "see lais" you'll only lose "tea money"... its better than learning from uncles... they're out to kill you...