overrated bands

poly800rock

Going to have to chime in about Brand New too, in agreeance with DD. The third album definitely is different, but they really pull it off nicely live. Last I saw them, they announced they were going to play one of the songs off the first album, then went right into one of the newer ones. A lot of the taking back sunday-loving kids in the crowd just looked puzzled. If this new album is going to weed out the mtvites, I can't ask for more. They also ended the show with a pretty long, pretty cool instrumental.

Conor Oberst - I listen to some of his stuff, but the next Dylan? Hah.

Elliott Smith - I'm sure I'll catch hell for this, and it's not that I don't like his music. I just feel people would be a lot less positive about anything he wrote if he hadn't killed himself.

Wolfmother - Hahaha, where's your hype now?

Going to have to chime in about Brand New too, in agreeance with DD. The third album definitely is different, but they really pull it off nicely live. Last I saw them, they announced they were going to play one of the songs off the first album, then went right into one of the newer ones. A lot of the taking back sunday-loving kids in the crowd just looked puzzled. If this new album is going to weed out the mtvites, I can't ask for more. They also ended the show with a pretty long, pretty cool instrumental.

Elliott Smith - I'm sure I'll catch hell for this, and it's not that I don't like his music. I just feel people would be a lot less positive about anything he wrote if he hadn't killed himself.

i hate elliot smith.

At first, I had no clue what the hell you were talking about when you said mtvites. But now that you mention it, it is a good album to see who the true fans are and who the mtv fans are.

i don't really want to write all of it, but basically, the sex pistols were a ploy by malcom and his shop sex. a merger of fashion and music that ended up revolutionizing music.....

Mclaren managed the New York Dolls for a short while Believe he tried to make them like a product to sell . However when he went back to England he decided to copy off of what he had seen in New York when making the Sex Pistols which became his product

my memory is quite dead right now so i could be wrong

sounds cool. makes me more excited to see them live in december. can't wait. although part of me is still attached to the pop punk taking back sunday esque era (i was an angsty 13 year old living in suburban long island when i started listening to them, gimme a break)

• 6 years later...