throwing in the towel (detox and heroin)

Larry Bird

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

national health service?

no one takes out a 'policy' with them as such. its all decided by government and deducted by taxes. we dont pay different amounts for different services (unless we go private, which very little people do)..

nit picking?

i'm not nit picking, just curious what you considered it if you didn't consider it "insurance." I understand the british policy, and have always considered it as their "health insurance" but it's odd to me you guys don't really consider it "insurance" per se and that there is a difference in that you only consider insurance private....

keith, newfound respect for you, homedude. it takes unimaginable courage, and a hefty set of pumpkins to man up and face your problem head-on, no matter how many times you've done it in the past. I have never tried hard drugs myself, but do a great deal of reading on the subject. the testimonials I've read on heroins addictive qualities are some of the most graphic and spirit breaking passages I've ever laid eyes on. We know it won't be easy, but your desire to flush ALL aspects of this illicit poison from your system is already a positive step eons beyond the mindset of the avarage heroin addict. hope our words bring your strength during the dark hours ahead. be peace, friend.

Don't dismiss the buprenophine (subutex) out of hand, it's a much better alternative to ling (methadone). Once the physical withdrawal is complete you'll have to replace the drugs, which have become the main focus of your life, with something else -which is the hardest part. Consider reviewing your friendships and perhaps relocate to some place where you're not connected.

Good luck with it, fella.

• 4 weeks later...