Your winter parka.

shagnscoob

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh, rug up sounds kinda dirty.

i'm pretty sure i'm going to get something from h&m. and/or a short vintage peacoat. found a nice one in the ladies' section at a vintage shop recently that was double-breasted and could button on either side, so it's ladies-section provenance wouldn't be obvious.

If I had the scratch, I'd be getting the Oliver Spencer peacoat I tried on last week. Goddamn, that thing was sweet.

i have a north face that i've had since freshman year of high school (about 10 years old) that is still like new. this shit will never die.

i don't get cold very easily as long as the wind is blocked, so for this season, i grabbed one of the uniqlo lined mcintosh jackets and am going to pickup a stone island button collar sweater (these things are heavy as fuck)

as far as going budg, i'd definitely check out H+M and army surplus. MA-1 flight jackets, fishtail parkas (mod classic!) and shit like that are super warm and not that expensive. i don't know why you need a parka in LA though. isn't freezing there like 40 degrees?

I prefer wool coats over parkas. Right now I've got a single-breasted knee-length, satin-lined, 3-button coat with velvet collar detail & sleeve stripes. This year I'm hoping to get a nice peacoat, H&M has a good one within my low budget.