Looking for a Digital Camera.

~Stangzorized~

Looking for a Digital Camera just for casual use, but I would definitely like it to take very clear pictures of course. One that's not to big to carry in my bag. Also just to bring to get-togethers, to take pictures of for sale items, pictures for waywt.. My price range is around $250. What's the best camera I can get for around this much? I was told I should get the Canon SD750. What's your thoughts on it? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

bump

im considering buying a digital camera for basic use such as for selling things and occasionally taking pictures of others, possibly waywt's, etc.

price limit of about or below $200

anything in particular that stands out in this range?

any particular reasons why you guys suggested the cameras above that you did?

just all around relative quality for the price?

im no digital camera expert, but I know there are a wealth of them here on sufu

and thanks for the recommendations

whatever you do,dont buy extended warrenty .. since most cameras come with 1 to 2 year factory warrenty..

but of course

i have the fuji f50fd, I just posted a mini review here.

i've had quite a bit of experience with canon digicams (owned 4 of them) and they are shit, forget about them... Sony sucks too... Maybe Panasonic if you don't want the Fujifilm...

I don't understand the desire for an optical viewfinder. They are inaccurate to begin with and I have probably used it 1-2 times total, ever.

I have a very highly rated Sony but it has a dust problem, I would never buy Sony again, even though I am still using this one.

I would go for the best Canon you can afford, with IS.

just picked up the fuji f50se (same as the fd with a diff finish sold at bestbuy)

good little camera

a little too much noise at higher isos (definetly not as sharp as the f31 or f30 which are the king of low lighting on P+S)

but other than that good so far, good price, easy interface, manual settings, SD card slot, good playback mode (u can view like 50 pics at once if u want) and nice large LCD

I don't understand the desire for an optical viewfinder. They are inaccurate to begin with and I have probably used it 1-2 times total, ever.

I have a very highly rated Sony but it has a dust problem, I would never buy Sony again, even though I am still using this one.

I would go for the best Canon you can afford, with IS.

If it's sunny and you're facing the wrong direction, you won't be able to see shit on the LCD and will have to basically shoot blind unless you have an optical viewfinder.

i vote for any of the panasonic dmc-fx series for casual use - they fit easily in your pocket, startup quickly and have a leica lens... all for 200-300 depending. in fact they manufacture the leica digital camera which is also available as a dmc-lx (next model up) if you don't want to shell out the extra $$$ for the branding.