The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

thanks all

Dino, post pics of those as often as possible, I need something to look forward too, started mine three days ago, i have some time to go.. awesome,

i wish i could man, i have to lose weight first. theyre my motivation, i love those jeans, but i cant even fit in them properly at the moment :[

Guest jeffvyain

I guess that just goes to show you how much lighting makes a difference in your pictures. These are definitely beautiful jeans and only getting better with time, but they need a bright sunny day or a decent flash to really bring out all the different tones of blue. Maybe one day we'll get a cloudless day here in Seattle and I'll think of taking more pictures. Thanks to all the comments though. Your praise gives me strength to keep going! ...cuz damn, some Eternals sound really nice right about now

i wish i could man, i have to lose weight first. theyre my motivation, i love those jeans, but i cant even fit in them properly at the moment :[

I know what your saying, once these things get a little too tight, they are almost impossible to wear.. Well, i hope you get the wear in on those, as they already look great..

+1 on the black arcs comment, very nice detail.

my crate james the third, one machine wash after approx 5 months of wear, pictures taken in direct sunlight, no added contrast, no photoshop filters:

Dsc_0001.jpg

Dsc_0002-1.jpg

Dsc_0003.jpg

^ i dont have initial wear pictures, but you can see a little bit how the color looked when starting out. they were much like these: http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=CRAT-MJ3&c=Crate&d=b

this last picture is the most indicative of the actual color:

Dsc_0004.jpg

btw: these crates took a damn good beating when i worked on the ship for 3 months and wore them almost every day.

i dont know if the broken twill process has much to do with the durability of the denim, but the wear on the heels is the only significant damage. no buttons popping, no stitches anywhere else falling out or breaking, no crotch blowout, etc.

(cross posted from the Skull thread)

So I have about 4 months of wear on my Skull 5010xx. They're still pretty dark since I wash them every month, but on the plus side I haven't had any serious thread problems. Recently, one of the corners came lose on my pocket (wallet got snagged) and I thought it was a good opportunity to take some close up pics of the part of our jeans we rarely get to see.

skullpocket003a.jpg

Before the rip.

skullpocket002a.jpg

From the inside. Notice the hidden rivet and the tinytinytiny remnant of the red tab :(

Honeycombs4mnthsa.jpg

Honeycombs, no photoediting, just direct sunlight

I'll post non-closeups when things get interesting.

living on it, sailing it, fixing it all the time, lots of painting, sanding, climbing. youre just moving around all day when you work/live on a tallship. 12 hour work days, 7 days a week.

best fucking job ive ever had, seriously

i took a trip on a tall ship when i was in middle school. it was so awesome.