The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

x-post from the KMW thread

So I don't own a camera, but I had to borrow my friends for another purpose. I realized I should snap some pictures of my Rockers while I have the chance. I had to go over mynudies (where I got my humble start in dry denim) to check my signature and see when I started sporting these. Turns out it was March 20th, 2008, so I'm closing in on 3 years on and off wear on these. Anyways, they don't get too much wear anymore (maybe once a week) because they sprout new holes every time, and trying to keep up on the repairs is getting quite tedious. It's also probably combined with the fact that I typically only wear them on weekends, and weekends = drunk.

jawns3.jpg

jawns2.jpg

jawns4.jpg

looks like I've been ass raped a few times

jawns5.jpg

jawns8-1.jpg

jawns7.jpg

combs hole

jawns6.jpg

Color is most accurate in the close ups of the combs/knee area.

And here's a picture from 2 months into wearing them for some reference:

1-29.jpg

From the Evisu thread. Been wearing these for close to 6 months.

Took a couple of shots of my No.3's, been wearing them for close to 6 months I think. At first I was a bit disappointed with the international denim because it felt so much lighter than the No.2's even though I think theres only 1 oz in weight difference. It just felt weak compared to the 14.5oz pairs I have but since we are in summer over here it hasnt turned out to bad and the lighter denim has come in handy. Anyway took some raw shots aswell.

no3_f.jpg

no3_b.jpg

Took these at work, few shadows at the legs but did my best with the camera. No combs, maybe the cut is too baggy, not sure.

frontno3.jpg

backno3.jpg

15172F354D5ACEE216D172

1416DA354D5ACEBF1674BF

141698354D5ACE8216202C

15685F364D5ACB5314FDF0

13684F364D5ACB7D14B464

201693354D5ACEA4164374

Raleigh Denim, bought and started wearing it on dec. 23 2010.

Went to their store/factory(The Curatory) for the denim because I live about 15 mins away from there.

Not much to brag about, but this is my first high-price-tagged/selvage denim, and I love it.

and that dog is the reason for the fade on the knees.

the hardest worn jeans in hartford denim company history.made with cone 13.5 oz. denim, hand-peened rivets and buttons, hand-felled, single-needle tailoring with hand felled inseam. worn everyday since october, one machine wash, several snow and rain wash. the jeans of a bike messenger. major 24 oz. custom crotch shield. the owner in a bike messenger, he wears them with four cuffs of the hem.

IMG_1006.jpgIMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1030.jpgIMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1013.jpgIMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg