The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

holy shit are you for serious, nothing special? ive seen so many shitty stf's those are fucking dope.

what size are you and how much did you have to size down, those look pretty well fit for STF's

those 501s are a size 28 and they fit pretty tight on my waist, so i guess im a 28. plus i had them altered.

those 501s are a size 28 and they fit pretty tight on my waist, so i guess im a 28. plus i had them altered.

After looking at the pic again, I can see that they've been taken in from the outside seams, it's kinda weird to see 501s in that shape but they look pretty nice. By the way, when did you first wash these jeans?

Same SD103s from pg 83 after travelling for a week, unloading a van and playing shows in, writhing around underneath the van to figure out what's leaking, etc. Pics taken with natural light plus a flash, and I only adjusted the levels... I didn't really jack the contrast all that much. They got hella stinky. I can't wait to tour for 6-8 weeks.

11-02-06-front.jpg

11-02-06-back.jpg

After looking at the pic again, I can see that they've been taken in from the outside seams, it's kinda weird to see 501s in that shape but they look pretty nice. By the way, when did you first wash these jeans?

These were first washed after 2 months if i recall correctly. I think they were washed 2 more times some time after that.

Same SD103s from pg 83 after travelling for a week, unloading a van and playing shows in, writhing around underneath the van to figure out what's leaking, etc. Pics taken with natural light plus a flash, and I only adjusted the levels... I didn't really jack the contrast all that much. They got hella stinky. I can't wait to tour for 6-8 weeks.

Those are amazing. I wish I was still going on tour this month. On the bright side, I save some money that can be put towards more unnecessary purchases.

APC Hipster 6 weeks. Didn't wear much after i got sorahiko . I've plan to wash them tomorrow (sunny day) but not sure. And see what happen. Should i wash them? i don't need those crazy contrast fading only thing i worry about is that i wouldn't get the comb.

Pics were taken in Natural Light

PS. if anybody know how to make the pic show up, kindly tell me how please

tnf- you upload them, and they give you a link so you can embed the image.

mcflip- more proof that touring musicians get the sickest fades. A guy i know who works at The Denim Bar tears his jeans to shit on tour, i wish i could see what he would do to some japanese denim instead of the thin ass nudies he keeps destroying

APC Hipster 6 weeks. Didn't wear much after i got sorahiko . I've plan to wash them tomorrow (sunny day) but not sure. And see what happen. Should i wash them? i don't need those crazy contrast fading only thing i worry about is that i wouldn't get the comb.

Pics were taken in Natural Light

PS. if anybody know how to make the pic show up, kindly tell me how please

if you're trying to achieve a defined honeycomb with these, even though it's a little hard to tell from your tiny pics, my bet is that you'll need to rock these for another 6 weeks without washing them. apcs lose color real fast when you wash them. within that time frame, you might have a better chance getting sicker fades in your sorahikos.

mcflip...those are amazing man. wow, really impressed. I really like the fit of sda's also. They are a great jean. Makes we wish i would have kept mine. how much did they shrink after the first soak? mine fit pretty good pre soak but i was worried they wouldnt fit following it so i let em go.

I washed my imperial dukes yesterday. Only 3 months, but they stank really bad, so I figured it was time...

Before:

IMG_0335.jpg

It rained in melbourne yesterday, so I put them out on the line and let them soak for a few hours. I could see the starch/dirt dripping out of them. Weird dark red/brown colour...

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

Then I put them in the washing machine for a warm/hot wash with powder....

The end result:

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

These pics are pretty representative of the colour and amount of fading. The fading is maybe slightly less contrasting in real life.

I'm really happy with how they are turning. Pretty good fading on the front, and colour of the indigo after washing is really nice, there's a fair bit of depth in it. Also, the raw leather patch post-wash looks dope! Darkened up beautifully, and has hardened a bit.

Enjoy.

haha thanks chapital! yeah I'm gunna keep rockin them hard for the rest of summer at least.

LIVENUDE - cheers man. yeah I neglected to take photos of the back...I'll post them up sometime. But basically, the wallet fade on the back pocket came out really well, and the honeycombs are not that strong. But the creases have set in roughly the same spots, so hopefully they'll develop a bit more over time...

posted these in my nikki thread but im gonna put them here too.

finally ended up washing my nikkis after 10 months. i had given them a quick warm water only soak at 6 months.

last night, warm wash, with just a dab of detergent, hung to dry.

just prior to wash. notice the dirty yellow cast

0000112ig2.jpg

almost dry. the contrast is a lot more defined and the colors are more vibrant. there are blues, greens and of course the pink weft shows through a bit more. they also shrunk a bit in length and fit much snugger. after many months of constant wear they had become very saggy.

img4814pv2.jpg

dry in natural light.

img4832gy8.jpg

upped the contrast in this pic

img4834zp8.jpg

will post pics of the fit later