The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

l_c1e09774e4d736758207154cd4e7a068.jpg

my friends' 501 stf. old as fuck, and totally thrashed. i just wish i had a picture from when they had only been washed once (and patched a lot less), best stf's i'd ever seen. will post if i ever get a picture of the back, the combs rule!

my friends' 501 stf. old as fuck, and totally thrashed. i just wish i had a picture from when they had only been washed once (and patched a lot less), best stf's i'd ever seen. will post if i ever get a picture of the back, the combs rule!

the 501s are so skinny, did he taper it, anyway, looks very nice

It's workwear.

Sack up.

You ever been to a construction site and see somebody wearing a hip purse? Or have you ever seen a pic of a miner wearing a hip purse? This shit is just window dressing.

Sack down.

Oh my god, what a tacky side pouch. Do you store M&Ms in it? It and that lanyard match real well with your black belt.

don't you wear suspenders and shit? fucking suspenders. not to say i disagree with you about the pouch though...

You ever been to a construction site and see somebody wearing a hip purse? Or have you ever seen a pic of a miner wearing a hip purse?

Belt pouches definitely have a place in history.

8a26203uyi1.jpg

5079-toolbelt.jpg

A They've also always been used to by soldiers and hunters to carry ammunition. I use one myself and I love it, but it's not for everybody, and Ed's is on the big side for sure.

Sorry for the derail.

l_c1e09774e4d736758207154cd4e7a068.jpg

why is your friend holding a gun?

Belt pouches definitely have a place in history.

8a26203uyi1.jpg

5079-toolbelt.jpg

A They've also always been used to by soldiers and hunters to carry ammunition. I use one myself and I love it, but it's not for everybody, and Ed's is on the big side for sure.

Sorry for the derail.

I would love to see Edmond wear a tool belt. Maybe if redmoon made one he could purchase it.

yeah, he tapered those 501's to nearly skin tight. i wasn't there, so i don't know why he was holding a gun. but, he's fresh out of jail and rides a motorcycle so its not too weird, right?

i like those 660 too.

^ looks nice..

I'm quite new into this but I would say don't wash it yet until really necessary.

Does it smell?

Is it sticky?

Is it too slubby?

just my two cents..

This is not a reason to wash your jeans. Slub is a characteristic of the denim and will not be any different before or after a wash.

Greglow99, I wouldn't wash those yet. Not much going on at this point.

I think you should wash them if they smell bad. Jeans such as nudies are kind of a waste of time in my opinion, and I think most other people's here as well. While they can get contrasted fades, they don't hold dye very well, meaning you have to wait at least 6 months (or 10.5 in your case) to wash them. It seems like all that time preparing for the wash isn't enjoyable for the wearer but rather made merely tolerable in order for some huge payoff in the end, which is invariably less splendorous than the end result, as well as the whole process, of better quality denims.

yay?

nay?

neigh

naligjsghusjkhs

I think you should wash them if they smell bad. Jeans such as nudies are kind of a waste of time in my opinion, and I think most other people's here as well. While they can get contrasted fades, they don't hold dye very well, meaning you have to wait at least 6 months (or 10.5 in your case) to wash them. It seems like all that time preparing for the wash isn't enjoyable for the wearer but rather made merely tolerable in order for some huge payoff in the end, which is invariably less splendorous than the end result, as well as the whole process, of better quality denims.

yay?

nay?

neigh

naligjsghusjkhs

I agree completely, Nudies won't last you as long as you would want them too and the denim is so thin and brittle that they are going to fall apart eventually. It would be much wiser to invest in from better jeans for the long haul.

I think http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1300541you should wash them if they smell bad. Jeans such as nudies are kind of a waste of time in my opinion, and I think most other people's here as well. While they can get contrasted fades, they don't hold dye very well, meaning you have to wait at least 6 months (or 10.5 in your case) to wash them. It seems like all that time preparing for the wash isn't enjoyable for the wearer but rather made merely tolerable in order for some huge payoff in the end, which is invariably less splendorous than the end result, as well as the whole process, of better quality denims.

yay?

nay?

neigh

naligjsghusjkhs

umm. have you seen lildavid's even stevens?

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=359167&postcount=151

PAYOFF WAS WORTH IT.

yay?

nay?

neigh

naligjsghusjkhs

I definately agree with this on the overall wear/fading front of denim. However, Nudies do offer something of their own, by way of fit. I would say that at retail, Nudies are not worth the price, but they can definately be found for considerably less than that, at which point the fact that they offer some nice cuts, or at the very least, offer cuts which focus on/appeal to a completely different market.

Also, I have a pair of RRDS which I wore as work pants for 4 months which saw 20-30km of walking on a daily basis. They were washed at 2 months due to utter filth again at 4 months and a third time a few weeks later. They have a sort of 70s vintage look to them, which I happen to enjoy. I know they definately don't hold indigo like my Flatheads, but I still dont know how people manage to get so much color loss out of like, a handfull of washes(I machine washed using Zero blue by Woolite).