new ipods announced today.

its swanny

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The entire last 50 minutes of the presentation should just be called "How can we piss off everyone who bought the Iphone on release."

The price drop seems pretty drastic for only a little over two months into the product lifespan. A lot of people are going to complain of a 200 dollar early adopter tax.

I would like to have an extra $200 right now, but at the same time I feel like i've gotten my monies worth.

stupid ipod touch only has 8gig and 16gig. I thought: i'm getting one of those, because maybe that one is going to be the new Ipod. So they're obviously going to announce an Ipod Touch with more than 30gig but , too bad, i was wrong. Going to buy a classic 160gig now.

stupid ipod touch only has 8gig and 16gig. I thought: i'm getting one of those, because maybe that one is going to be the new Ipod. So they're obviously going to announce an Ipod Touch with more than 30gig but , too bad, i was wrong. Going to buy a classic 160gig now.

Yeah I'm still torn. The Touch has shitty battery life (5 hours is what.. 2 dvds?), shitty storage, and the need to deal w/ public/pay wifi networks everywhere you go.

The Nano is kinda cool but a 2" screen?

The iPhone might work but it uses shitty EDGE still and I already want to kill myself browsing on my blackberry.

The classic just blows.

couple nice things about all this:

08large20070905vk0.jpg

-the flatcolour aluminum fronts looks great and helps with scratches and fingerprints.

-a 160GB model is now offered. great for people with large collections.

-the nano and the 'classic' are both thinner than before, and have led backlit lcds.

but

not feeling the touch at all.

gallerybig01zg6.jpggallerybig2qj6.jpg

the design is too similar to the iphone's. and 8-16GB what the fuck.

it might have been acceptable if they made it with a harddrive.

and they could have at least changed the design cues or something.

The touch would have benefited form a much larger gig capacity but Its still cool that it has WiFi makes it a pretty useful gadget as long as webbrowsing doesn't eat the battery alive. Then nano is now fugly, shit looks akward to hold onto, plus you're probably gonna look like a jackass holding that thing up to you're face to watch it. Should have just kept it a music player instead.

Reserve your judgment on the nano till you see it. Trust me on that one ;)

Price drop on the iPhone was the biggest surprise to me. I think the touch will sell pretty well, there are a lot of people who want to watch videos and this is perfect for them. Finally the lineup is complete, there is something for everyone.

the ipod touch is horrible and the iphone is almost as bad. you guys realize that phones have been out for like a year that can do everything that an iphone can do, but better, faster, and cheaper. the american n95 is leagues beyond the iphone.

N95 is $700 so not cheaper. I agree that it is a nice phone and with 3G it will be even better but it's just too much for some people. Also iPhone browser is better than N95. I can't justify $300 on top of the iPhone to get the Nokia.

the ipod nano is pretty awful too, actually. why would i want to watch a video on a really small screen while i work out?

That's just a retarded comment. Not everyone buys the nano to work out. The screen is actually big enough to watch video on it.

it's $700 without a contract. the iphone is $400 with contract. if the n95 gets picked up it'll probably be the same price or cheaper.

If N95 gets picked up it will be on att and they will most likely cripple it. The US version will be $699 at Nokia and online with 3G working only on att. I have a feeling that Nokia won't sell this phone to att and even if they will it will cost more than the iPhone. If the N95 would be $400 for att today I would buy it. It's not worth $700 to me.