new ipods announced today.

its swanny

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the ipod touch is horrible and the iphone is almost as bad. you guys realize that phones have been out for like a year that can do everything that an iphone can do, but better, faster, and cheaper. the american n95 is leagues beyond the iphone.

it doesn't make sense to compare iphone to n95. the nokia is a hardware-oriented phone, whereas the iphone is a software oriented phone.

the iphone's major quality is its interface. in regards to hardware, its lacking in almost every department. for example, the iphone's lowly 2mp camera doesn't even have a flash. simply put, the iphone was targetted to people who use blackberry-type devices, and was meant to give apple a foundation in that area of communication.

and as for the n95 being leagues beyond the iphone, consider this: the iphone changes its keyboard sensory fields to favour the expected input for higher keying accuracy. how many other phones can do that?

of course, if someone was looking for a toy, the n95 might be a better choice. but, don't forget that there are many phones which are 'leagues beyond' the n95.

do you have to pay more for that wi-fi shit on the touch? My ipod i have now broke, and is a pain in the ass cause apple cant do shit about it. I dont like the company, but there stuff is just so appealing.

the ipod nano is pretty awful too, actually. why would i want to watch a video on a really small screen while i work out?

I'm sorry but I have to agree with mike on this comment, you shouldnt be working out in the first place if your just gonna watch tv/dvd's. I don't like the looks(still kinda fugly to me) of it but 5 hrs of playback is impressive on something so small. And I don't always lug my psp around with me. I'm just going to have to go fiddle with the nano and touch and see if the internet outweighs the storage capacity for my own personal needs.

I honestly don't care so much about the design, but I just got a 30 gig a few months ago and I have to charge it all the time because it's hard drive based. It seems like the new "classic" would have a much better life span than my "video."

And the official photos make the nano look frumpy, but it probably wouldn't be so bad when you see it in real life. However, looking at the colors, I almost barfed. Also, it's not like the nano didn't just get replaced like, 2 weeks ago. Why fix it if it ain't broke?

However, the new scrolly menu thing looks fun. That's about it. I like my video ipod, thank you very much.

I see a lot of people watching movies on their PSPs on the subway. I think that will be a direct competition and with apple marketing I can see them doing pretty well. I still much rather add $100 and get the iPhone.

Polish- Have you heard anything about a Nano iPhone? I remember reading something of that nature and that it would be released sometime in Winter 07.

i'm still using my 2nd gen ipod 15gb... i hate recharging the damn thing daily (since the battery only lasts about 3 hours per charge), and i guess rather than paying to replace the battery, it might be time to upgrade...

tough decision though - should i go for the 8gb nano and streamline my playlists? or go for the 80gb classic?

i probably won't use it for video, so i'm leaning towards the nano.

is it easy to convert your dvd's to an ipod readible format? that would probably be the deciding factor to upgrade to the 80gb one.

Yeah, was hoping for a true 6G iPod release. Had enough with these "now slightly enhanced version 5.xx" releases. And the iPod Touch is kind of slick, except for the shitty battery life, jacked up price/capacity ratio, and basically is just a crippled iPhone.

Sigh. Apple, I'm done waiting to be awed by you.

Creative and Cowon...hello.

am i the only one excited by the new touchscreen capabilities on mp3 players? ive been waiting a pretty long time for them to actually apply the technology. same screen size as a pmp/pvp but stays as small as a regular HD mp3. mmmmm.............

im still going to buy cowons version though. fuck the ipod.