short peacoat thread

black.shadow

anyone have suggestions on peacoats that are much more affordable and look good? the kind of "stylin' on a budget" coats? below 300 is pretty much my budget until i graduate and blaah..

Yeah that was the original intent of the thread i stated less expensive short peacoats but, i honestly don't believe that many (or just about any) exist in this style in the US yet. Im guessing that around this time next year some domestic brands may have caught on. The only reason why i say this is because i was really into skinny jeans just about a year before they caught on in the usa and well now you can get skinny jeans at jcpenneys.

With $300 you could buy a real army peacoat from an army navy store for around $130 and then spend the rest of your budget into altering it into whatever short fit you want.

I have one that im seriously thinking about doing this to. Doing so would actually allow for the tightest fit possible since the coat would be pinned first. Knowing this also increases my waryness of buying without trying on, i would hate to spend $500+ just for it not to end up fitting as I like then haveing to drop more money on alterations.

they wont ship . best bet is to get a proxy foot soldier to go the flagships and grab one for you,better hurry though..to get your size and color.

I've heard, as of this past weekend, that everything from this season is in stock at the Harajuku Lad store - but you'll probably want to get it soon if you're planning on purchasing just to make sure you secure one.

I've heard, as of this past weekend, that everything from this season is in stock at the Harajuku Lad store - but you'll probably want to get it soon if you're planning on purchasing just to make sure you secure one.

what size is yours cuddly? i think i'm just gonna pull the trigger early on this one, it's the nicest coat i've seen yet this season

The only well-fitting coats I've tried on for under $300 are H&M. They've got a few styles this year, but I wasn't paying attention to the length. I'm trying to grab a longer one, but I know there were at least some standard-length peacoats.

I also saw one in Guess the other day for $200 Canadian. Didn't try it on though, so I don't know the fit or length.

H&M stuff is okay but soo boring and disposable

i think im gonna try to avoid their stuff for something a little more exotic/high quality

I dunno, there's one H&M coat I'm after that's got some really nice details, hook clasp on the collar, epaulets, flap pockets, the whole nine yards, not just a plain peacoat, but I can see where you're coming from.

Jeepster, they seemed pretty warm to me, there was one made of really thick wool and the rest are decent too. I live in Canada so warmth is definitely a requirement. Though later in winter you'd definitely need a sweater underneath. I guess the best thing is just to go check them out.