Blue alligator Lacoste shirts real?

HermitEdge

I've seen some people wearing these polos, and they're supposedly vintage... are they real or fakes? The alligator is just like the green ones in texture and size, but blue.

One time i was shown the tag on the back and it said HOMME on it, under the usual Lacoste Vintage type tags.

thanks

I don't know enough about Lacoste to give a 100% answer here, but I know I've picked up old IZOD/Lacoste stuff with the blue alligator before at places like buffalo and more specificially a true vintage shop in Eugene, OR called Eugene Jeans.

But what kinda weirds me out is the fact that this guy's selling a vintage Lacoste shirt with the tags still on? I reckon that'd be one hell of a tough find these days, makes me figure it isn't real...

wish I knew more.

EDIT: Notice the tags in that ^ photo say the shirt is 100% cotton? Pretty much answers your question.

watanabe junya lacoste polos feature black alligators this season.

i don't have a picture but it's

-a patch work of black pique fabric with different tones

-studs everywhere ala CDG evergreen 07 SS

one of the coolest looking polos i've ever seen

too bad that it was like 39500 yen

Ok This is what I know..

Lacoste used to have their polo's made by Izod in the sixties and seventies.

They were meant for the American market and Lacoste wanted a differnce in their appearance, hence the blue crocodile versus the green european counterpart...

At the beginning of the 80's the company took it's licence back and started producing for itself

So right now the only real blue crocodile can be found on a vintage Izod /Lacoste shirt or cardi

There are no new ones known to be around...