Looking for advice and connections in the fashion industry

eric glennie

Thanks State and I hope your showing me a little love. The american fashion community isnt quite digesting yet what I am showing the fashion world.. I dont think they have seen innovation from an american designer in most of their lifetimes. However, I believe European designers are taking notes . The samples on my website are unique templates that a wide variety of fabrics can be applied to introduce various looks in color and pattern. Shaping collars and cuffs opens another dimension of style. Like graduating from algebra to calculus. I dont have a great supporting cast to work with and a lot of money, but thanks for understanding what I am bringing to the table. EG is about innovation, not about making millions of dollars. I love to design clothes and I will bring down the house, but it will take time. Stay tuned cause all it takes will be one investor and fashion will be introduced into another dimension of style. There is a lot more style in EG's closet. Take care . Not sure if you are a giants or jets fans, but hope both win this weekend. Eric.

A lot of successful designers train under well renowned designers before starting their own lines...

The quality of EG shirts ais top-notch though.

Westside. Patents are about staking claim. My claim will be in the records books in Washington D.C. for eternity and that is a huge marketing tool even beyond the expiration time. Any other designer who wants to knock off my style is simply stating to the fashion community that they lack art. I have pushed my designs onto most of the major buyers and retailers in the U.S. so they all know who I am so if another designer introduces shaped collars and cuffs into their showrooms would be a huge business mistake. My collars and cuffs are high-profile and very visible. You dont need a fancy logo to know your wearing an eric glennie signature shirt or pant. The patents just make it legal.

Herpsky. That is why style is all the same. The designers are all taught the same way of designing clothes in school ( the traditional way) because thats what sells. The designers arent taught how to think outside the box and challenge traditional apparel. Some may have ideas , but are scared to share them for fear of retribution and their career is over. Look at the beating I am taking from all the forums. Why would any designer spend thousands of dollars in school, invest years of their lives, and then their reputation is ruined by designing outside the box.

Fashion is not feeding my face. I just love to design clothes. I am not taught how I should design clothes, nor forced to design traditional clothes because I am starving. I am a freelancer and pretty much design as I please. Do I need to learn from others? Perhaps, but most of that knowledge is to gain connections in the industry to start their own lines anyways. I can hire pattern makers and manufacturers to make the clothes. Look at all the celebrity designers out there. Do they go to fashion school and intern? thanks EG.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Eric, there are certain designers and lines that are approved and praised by superfuture becasue of their unique but stylish look.

Your line is not one of them.

Maybe there is a market for your clothes in the mainstream fashion world, but the posters here are very critical of what they wear, and the pieces you design do not live up to the standards that most fashion forward individuals desire.

I feel that your line is immature, I could not take somebody serious wearing bell bottom like jeans and high heels.

What is your main influence here? John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever?

Eric, there are certain designers and lines that are approved and praised by superfuture becasue of their unique but stylish look.

Your line is not one of them.

Maybe there is a market for your clothes in the mainstream fashion world, but the posters here are very critical of what they wear, and the pieces you design do not live up to the standards that most fashion forward individuals desire.

I feel that your line is immature, I could not take somebody serious wearing bell bottom like jeans and high heels.

What is your main influence here? John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever?

I am not saying that you need to like all my stuff, but there are different ideas posted on my webstie for different folks who may appreciate my perspective on menswear. Hey, if you like to wear that same old shit from generations of monotonous menswear so be it. There are some out there that may enjoy my work. So to those who enjoy, EG is working hard to get you out of the mundane. To the Trads , there is a revolutiolnary designer with kick ass ideas on the horizon . Do you really want to look like your father and grandfather, and great grandfather anymore. Open you mind and get you head out of you trad ass. LOL EG. .

eric glennie, what you need is not connections in the fashion industry, but rather a psychiatrist. you're absolutely out of your mind.

your own advice, even though a bit oddly stated, applies perfectly to you.

get you head out of you ass.

regards,

eric glennie,

thanks EGLOL

I am not saying that you need to like all my stuff, but there are different ideas posted on my webstie for different folks who may appreciate my perspective on menswear. Hey, if you like to wear that same old shit from generations of monotonous menswear so be it. There are some out there that may enjoy my work. So to those who enjoy, EG is working hard to get you out of the mundane. To the Trads , there is a revolutiolnary designer with kick ass ideas on the horizon . Do you really want to look like your father and grandfather, and great grandfather anymore. Open you mind and get you head out of you trad ass. LOL EG. .

REVOLUTIONN!! ALL MEN WEAR DRESSES NOW AND ALL GIRLS WEAR.. .. . . nothing. YOU DONT WANT TO BE LIKE YOUR GRANDFATHER DO YOU??????? A++