Land's End Offering Selvedge/Indigo-the end of this Hobby

kbuzz

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it can mean anything. There's nothing in that description that says that they're vintage looms, just that they're Japanese...

in any case, I'm not really trying to knock their product. For all I know, they could be great jeans. After all, LL Bean has a long glorious history as an outdoor wear outfitter... so it wouldn't be unheard of for Land's End et al to put out some high quality stuff.

I'm just skeptical of their positioning and how they seem to be trying to get in on the selvedge craze... though, to be honest, if anybody should be cashing in it's people like Land's End, LL Bean, Eddie Bauer, Filson... I suppose we'll find out how good their stuff is when those free swatches come in.

I just read the Lands End caption. It says it was woven on narrow Japanese looms. But weren't those looms hand-me-downs from American mills?
Believe so.

NO..... stop this rumor. japan has a little company called toyota that started out making power looms in the early 1900s... under the toyoda name. it would have been stupid to buy american looms when there were so many looms in the country already.

NO..... stop this rumor. japan has a little company called toyota that started out making power looms in the early 1900s... under the toyoda name. it would have been stupid to buy american looms when there were so many looms in the country already.

this is true...but toyoda actually preceded the "toyota" name...

it can mean anything. There's nothing in that description that says that they're vintage looms, just that they're Japanese...

in any case, I'm not really trying to knock their product. For all I know, they could be great jeans. After all, LL Bean has a long glorious history as an outdoor wear outfitter... so it wouldn't be unheard of for Land's End et al to put out some high quality stuff.

I'm just skeptical of their positioning and how they seem to be trying to get in on the selvedge craze... though, to be honest, if anybody should be cashing in it's people like Land's End, LL Bean, Eddie Bauer, Filson... I suppose we'll find out how good their stuff is when those free swatches come in.

are they really sending swatches on these?

what size should i get? i wear a 40 in levi's, 38 in levi strauss signature, and a 40 in wrangler select.

damn you wear 38s and 40's for realz ? I have a few pairs you really should get from me that are way too big for my ass

hit me in PM for details

i would like to have a pair of OE/OE projectile-loomed denim for the sake of contrast; having almost exclusively 14+oz ring/ring shuttle-loomed jeans really puts one out of touch with the real world

it would be interesting to see these, if not (perhaps) particularly gratifying if one is looking out for bobbly textures and striations associated with ringring denim...

but yes. apparently OExOE isn't quite the pushover i used to think it was...