Land's End Offering Selvedge/Indigo-the end of this Hobby

kbuzz

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everybody needs to remember that selvedge isn't necessarily an indicator of quality... anybody can produce fabric with a finished selvedge. The whole point of us blowing cash on Japanese Denim is that the smaller manufacturers take more time in developing high quality fabrics (and by quality, I mean colorfast, thick, and slubby to varying degrees) than the big guys.

Selvedge is pretty, but it shouldn't be the only thing you're looking for in a pair of jeans, imho...

i concur whole-heartedly. wow, i just agreed with someone.

• 2 weeks later...

what i find immensely amusing is the way they sent an envelope with a card and a paper note saying that they've run out of stocks for their swatches...all the way to singapore. we could bleed them to death just ordering swatches to singapore. maybe find 300,000 addresses here? after all, we've such an intensely high population and housing density...

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen it a few times... not bad, but I don't know how much they're charging for it. The hand and weight seemed like they would be legit (prob around 12 oz) but I've no idea how they would age. My RRLs are I think slightly better, but you'd really have to test out the Rugbys to be certain (and I'm guessing the RRLs are made with better material, but I could be mistaken)

I've seen it a few times... not bad, but I don't know how much they're charging for it. The hand and weight seemed like they would be legit (prob around 12 oz) but I've no idea how they would age. My RRLs are I think slightly better, but you'd really have to test out the Rugbys to be certain (and I'm guessing the RRLs are made with better material, but I could be mistaken)

I've only heard good stuff about the RRLs and as rugby stuff is in a similar pricepoint, I'm guessing they'd be sort of the same...I'm curious...