SEATTLE vs. LOS ANGELES vs. SAN FRANCISCO

Guest skinnygenes

Seattle on the other hand, I thought it was cool as a trip there, but I couldn't stand living there. I swear I maybe saw one decent looking girl there and the rest where filthy. The weather is cool, for a few days, then you get sick of the rain and clouds and you want to kill yourself.....

It is true, sadly. Its because the girls sit inside with their girlfriends and watch movies and veg out when its raining outside. So the remaining attractive ones get huge egos and/or get married by 22. (:

Oh and our real estate market is still kicking ass. Invest. Seriously. Seattle remains very overlooked (which is a plus for us) by the rest of the country. And our lame anti-nightlife and liquor laws will hopefully become more lax in the near future.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the other hand though, I do like Portland quite a bit. I've spent a few weeks up there at different times and I really like it. Once you get passed the hippy vibe, there are some cool places to hang out and unlike Seattle, there is actually some talent there.

Jesse, it actually is a shame about the women in Seattle, because if there were some hotties there, it might make the weather a little more bearable. Interesting to hear about the real estate market up there, because down here in SoCal it's an utter cluster fuck!

But in regards to this thread, the grass is always greener....

I don't understand the complaint about weather here (keep in mind I just moved here in June). It's rained what...3 times this summer? And I wouldn't even call it rain. The rest of the time it's been mostly 65-75, with about a week or two in the mid to upper 90s and 50% humidity.

EVERYTHING YOU HEARD IS TRUE. IT RAINS ALL THE FUCKING TIME. THE HOTTEST FASHION ACCESSORIES ARE UMBRELLAS AND RUBBER RAIN BOOTS (LOL) ALL THE GIRLS LOOK LIKE COURTNEY LOVE (THE BAD YEARS) THAT'S IF YOU SEE ANY OF THEM EMERGE FROM THEIR LAIRS WHERE THEY ARE EATING BUCKETS OF HAGGEN DAAS. EVERYONE IS MEAN BECAUSE THEY WANT TO KILL THEMSELVES (CAUSE OF THE RAIN LOL). YOU WILL GET MEAN MUGGED EVERYWHERE. THE SCENE SUCKS. STAY AWAY. STAY AWAY.spacer.gif

I don't understand the complaint about weather here (keep in mind I just moved here in June). It's rained what...3 times this summer? And I wouldn't even call it rain. The rest of the time it's been mostly 65-75, with about a week or two in the mid to upper 90s and 50% humidity.

Haaa...come back to this thread in January when you haven't seen the sun in three months and you're inhaling tiny raindrops all day long.

Something should be said about the weather in SF. I lived in Portland during middle/high school, Santa Clara/San Jose for college, and have been in SF for a year now. SF weather is nothing like LA or most of the bay area. I wouldn't even call it "Californa weather". On the typial day this summer (and I think every summer) the fog/clouds cover the city until about noon after which the sun will be out until the afternoon or evening and then it gets cloudy/foggy again. I'd say that SF weather isn't much better than the weather in the NW except for that we don't get as much rain here, its just cloudy/foggy all the time. Atleast in the NW you get 3 straight months of summer sun. It also rarely gets above 70 or 75, except in September/October. This is however good for SuFu people who have to wear jeans and a light jacket all year round. Strictly speaking of weather, I'm thinking about moving to the east bay or peninsula so I can actually live in "California weather" instead of NW weather w/o the rain.

This does not speak anything of nightlife, culture, etc. because I've had a girlfriend the whole time I've lived here and she lives in San Jose.

Seattle is great.

When people think about Washington, they usually think constant rain and an abundance of evergreen trees.

We also get the best mary jane on this side of the country!

Doesnt even really pour that much, many of those rainy days are light drizzle or just plain wet overcast. I would say that living in Seattle makes you appreciate the sun more. Having lived in LA and Seattle, out of the two I prefer Seattle. Driving on freeways like the I-90 are painfully slow during non-traffic hours though after driving in socal.

And I dont know about that soundbomber, its down in cali =)

SF great food and nicer people. Tho apparently Seattle is the most educated city in America now...

well, frazier and niles crane make up a huge portion of that intellectualizationocity.

I say stay in LA. For most people, grass is always greener. I was in SF for a year and was miserable (I felt too confined). Never been to seattle, but if I had to choose PacNW, I'd probably goto Portland b4 seattle.

What other city can you get fucking fantastic weather, medical marijuana, hot ass girls everywhere you look, pretty decent shopping (HELLO THERES LIKE A SUPREME THERE MAN!) and mexican food up the wazoo? Nowhere.

Oh and the best sushi...and coffee bean...and pinkberry. yeah.

Take these peoples advice and stay where you're at man. There are a TON of great neighborhoods in Los Angeles where you can find the type of vibe that you think you'll get in San Francisco or Seattle. They've been mentioned and there are a few more. The type of L.A. crowd that has you down frequent the same spots. They go where the likeminded folk are, and you can easily get out of that.

The reason people who dont live in Los Angeles hate on this city so much is that they come here and pull the tourist bullshit and end up with a foul taste. Good. Fuck'em. I can think of at least a handful of neighborhoods that are to Los angeles what (name your cities hip, blown out neighborhood) was to (name your city) ten years ago.

Honestly. Go find what you want. You don't think anyone in Los Angles has the same mindset as you?

Some of the best restaurants in the world are here. Mexican food kills it. All the wine San Francisco get's from Napa, Sonoma, St. Helena, you can get in Los Angeles. The best craft breweries in the country are near here. Weed kills it, if you smoke, no questions asked. Independent film and music communities thrive here. If your hating on Southern California beaches your an idiot, you're not looking hard enough. The best ones are deadly well kept secrets. Home of the Kings, (Raider Nation), and Lakers, Surfers and Skaters, Quick N Split, In-N-Out Burger, Bloods and Crips. (CA ALL DAY reference.)

I could go on-and-on. And so could a few others on here. Los Angeles city for the win.

i would encourage you to give some real thought to portland. it's much less pretentious than seattle and more affordable. It rains less here.

There is a great DIY culture that surrounds the city. Tons of independent designers here... (apparel, graphic, interactive.)

Portland also has a great FIlm and music community. it's also very bike friendly.

the hippy vibe is pretty much minimized these days and mostly revolves around college kids and specific neighborhoods.

As a whole, i think it's a great place to live.

I live in L.A. k-town... I'm very sad because I don't know what to do that isn't just about spending money. How do you guys deal with living in the city? I used to work nights so I didn't do much in the city but work, but now I've switched to a day shift schedule for a while and in a few weeks will be working only 3 days a week.

I don't know what the fuck to do with my time. All my friends either work their asses off, or live in the valley... and I ride the busses. So .... can anybody relate? Can anybody help? Should I just move to San Fran>?

SanFran isn't going to be any cheaper that's for sure. You gotta work hard no matter where you at.

Yeah so where's a cheap place to live, that has hospital jobs, good cheap food, SuFu weather and where you can walk/pub-commute easily?