yes or no? / this or that?

chris

Jeep--would be more apt if you wore plaintoe patent-leather shoes.

Rent your shoes? Chances are, you won't love the Stacy Adams afterward. You're basically renting them for $74/$94.

can't find a decent pair of plaintoes in 14E for a reasonable price... looking to only spend between $60-$100. ebay is not an option in this instance.

no.

must wear

or die.

Damn. If my wardrobe ever expands to the point that I own my own tuxedo I'm going to wear it and a pair of these things at least once a week.

them shits is some little girl penny loafers bullsheeeet

Should be able to rent patent-leather shoes from someplace like Al's Formal Wear or something. Would look much more appropriate with your tuxedo.

Edit: The difference between wearing black dress shoes and wearing black patent-leather shoes is like the difference between wearing a black suit and a black tuxedo.

My friends grandfather wears a pair of those things with his black suit and it's pretty much impeccable. Just relaxed looking as all hell.

those bows kill it though. i just don't see anything remotely masculine about those loafers.

Should be able to rent patent-leather shoes from someplace like Al's Formal Wear or something. Would look much more appropriate with your tuxedo.

Edit: The difference between wearing black dress shoes and wearing black patent-leather shoes is like the difference between wearing a black suit and a black tuxedo.

true, but i already own the tux, and also, its not a dark dark tux. its a matte black with tux lapels, and i could get the patent shoes, and they'd be for that intensive purpose. i assume i'll have other formal occasions in my life where i can call upon that stuff for the purpose that i bought it for. $74, especially when your parents are paying, isn't so bad, now is it?

IMG_4047.jpg

IMG_4049.jpg

it's the only bless i could really see myself wearing. and the color would be a welcome change in the sea of black that is my wardrobe. only drawback is it comes with a 1k price tag. worth it? thoughts? anybody own this?

i loved it when i saw it but i believe the material is canvas..

correct me if i'm wrong.

still.

its gorgeous and if you take good enough care i can see multiple wears that make that 1k price tag worth it.

Jeep, even if you own the tux, please just rent the shoes. I implore you, for felicity's sake.

There are different levels of formality, and the shoes you are looking at do not match the tuxedo. They are dress shoes but not formal shoes. The difference is not as striking as wearing sneakers with a suit, but anyone who knows will be able to tell the difference.

i loved it when i saw it but i believe the material is canvas..

correct me if i'm wrong.

still.

its gorgeous and if you take good enough care i can see multiple wears that make that 1k price tag worth it.

WHERE CAN I FIND THIS JACKET IN A SMALL, and black

i got 1k

someone help me

Plain toe, for sure. Especially since you're going to be pairing them with summer dresses with (I assume) lots of colorful prints? Keep the shoes simple and keep the tops snazzy.

Also, I RUV JUNGLEJANE.

Jeep, even if you own the tux, please just rent the shoes. I implore you, for felicity's sake.

There are different levels of formality, and the shoes you are looking at do not match the tuxedo. They are dress shoes but not formal shoes. The difference is not as striking as wearing sneakers with a suit, but anyone who knows will be able to tell the difference.

honestly, i would like to own the shoes i get, but that doesn't necessarily mean these. if you could point me in the direction of a nicer pair of size 14 tux shoes, preferably plain-toe, it would be much appreciated, but for all the searching i do, i can't seem to dig up anything 1/2 way decent looking or relatively inexpensive.

honestly, i would like to own the shoes i get, but that doesn't necessarily mean these. if you could point me in the direction of a nicer pair of size 14 tux shoes, preferably plain-toe, it would be much appreciated, but for all the searching i do, i can't seem to dig up anything 1/2 way decent looking or relatively inexpensive.

At the office now, so I can't reply in depth, but my basic advice would be to get your parents to fund you a decent pair of black dress shoes and then rent the tux shoes on your own on the side. Tux shoes are of limited utility (unless you plan on attending a large number of black-tie events in the near future).

As for dress shoes, I would suggest a burgundy- or cordovan-colored shoe for your first dress shoe, since it's the most versatile color. That said, if you still want black, I would say that you should get a pair of Allen-Edmonds. AE is one of the two premier American dress-shoe manufacturers (the other being Alden) and their shoes normally run about $300+. However, a good number of their shoes make their way NIB onto eBay and be had for about half that. If you are going to spend $100 on shoes, you might as well spend $150 on shoes that are going to last you many, many years and that aren't going to be totally shitty.

Here is a link to a nice black AE captoe in 14EEE for $134.99: http://cgi.ebay.com/New-ALLEN-EDMONDS-Black-OXFORDS-SHOES-Mens-14-EEE-305_W0QQitemZ220233840998QQihZ012QQcategoryZ63850QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is a link to some badass black-and-white spectators in 14EEE for $144.99:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALLEN-EDMONDS-Black-OXFORDS-SHOES-Mens-14-EEE-310_W0QQitemZ190221961056QQihZ009QQcategoryZ63850QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The spectators are less versatile, but they are fucking awesome.

That is my advice!

Feel free to post any other questions you may have. I will try to respond sometime tonight, although it may be late before I am able to do so.

Edit: I should also mention that AE offers a recrafting service in which they replace the sole and heel and refinish the uppers for $94 or so. They come back from the factory looking brand new. In this way, your AEs could last a lifetime.

At the office now, so I can't reply in depth, but my basic advice would be to get your parents to fund you a decent pair of black dress shoes and then rent the tux shoes on your own on the side. Tux shoes are of limited utility (unless you plan on attending a large number of black-tie events in the near future).

As for dress shoes, I would suggest a burgundy- or cordovan-colored shoe for your first dress shoe, since it's the most versatile color. That said, if you still want black, I would say that you should get a pair of Allen-Edmonds. AE is one of the two premier American dress-shoe manufacturers (the other being Alden) and their shoes normally run about $300+. However, a good number of their shoes make their way NIB onto eBay and be had for about half that. If you are going to spend $100 on shoes, you might as well spend $150 on shoes that are going to last you many, many years and that aren't going to be totally shitty.

Here is a link to a nice black AE captoe in 14EEE for $134.99: http://cgi.ebay.com/New-ALLEN-EDMONDS-Black-OXFORDS-SHOES-Mens-14-EEE-305_W0QQitemZ220233840998QQihZ012QQcategoryZ63850QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is a link to some badass black-and-white spectators in 14EEE for $144.99:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALLEN-EDMONDS-Black-OXFORDS-SHOES-Mens-14-EEE-310_W0QQitemZ190221961056QQihZ009QQcategoryZ63850QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The spectators are less versatile, but they are fucking awesome.

That is my advice!

Feel free to post any other questions you may have. I will try to respond sometime tonight, although it may be late before I am able to do so.

Edit: I should also mention that AE offers a recrafting service in which they replace the sole and heel and refinish the uppers for $94 or so. They come back from the factory looking brand new. In this way, your AEs could last a lifetime.

while your searching is definitely appreciated, i'm trying to avoid ebay at all costs. regardless of whether its cheaper or not. i just don't wanna go through the hassle of paypal and all that bullshit. if i had my choice, i'd get a bunch and just sort through them all to find the best for the outfit. i'll look into renting tux shoes, but there is no real guarantee that anywhere i go will have 14's. thats the real issue at hand.

while your searching is definitely appreciated, i'm trying to avoid ebay at all costs. regardless of whether its cheaper or not. i just don't wanna go through the hassle of paypal and all that bullshit. if i had my choice, i'd get a bunch and just sort through them all to find the best for the outfit. i'll look into renting tux shoes, but there is no real guarantee that anywhere i go will have 14's. thats the real issue at hand.

My friend has bought several shoes from that seller and has had no trouble. Also, look at the seller's rating--more than 100,000 positive feedback at 100%!

I understand your concern, but the value (both in terms of money saved and quality of goods obtained) is imo too good to pass up.

AgentJ, probably not.

Driving mocassins imo look better in lighter shades of brown.

I am biased against loafers in general, though.

If you plan on wearing slim black shoes with your dark jeans or gray pants (just conjecturing), why not get a nice pair of chelsea boots? Or maybe a pair of NDCs?

oc11769544blackhpulp8.jpg

yaes?

jesus h. christ

NO

GET SOME FUCKING DUNKS OR SOMETHING YOU TOOL

stop trying to pass off your faux-classy look with stupid shoe choices.

jesus you're like a kid, just wear some goddamn sneakers. it wont kill you.