yes or no? / this or that?

chris

long johns are good for keeping me warm in probably ~30F weather with a bit of wind for a limited amount of time. probably about 15 minute spurts.

my experience with compression gear, is that as long as I'm moving (i.e. walking), I'm completely warm and toasty. and I can get to the point of getting too warm if I run or something.

and I hear UA cold gear is that much better at regulating body temperatures in temps near 0F even

$240 is a bit much eh?

what about if it were a touch under $200? still worth it?

I mean, I would have to think about spending that much on jawnz of any sorts..

but, I really don't like to put a number on things that'll keep me safe.. especially against sickness :\

EDIT: actually, this seems like it would be better posted in the seoul discussion thread.

valhalla: first look made me think "wow those look really cool" (very nice shape/form), then I looked a bit harder and was totally turned off by the suede upper. It looks as though someone has sewn the top of a boot onto a dress shoe/sneaker. No.

Should look at Sorels for actual warmth.

Though these might be slightly overkill for your winters, rated to -40. More necessary where it actually gets that cold.

edit: Upon doing some looking into things, Sorel no longer trustworthy, apparently quality has gone to shit since selling to Columbia and outsourcing to China. Mine are semi handed down made in Canada old ones.

where would you get these? My friend is looking for cheaper boots.

Sorry for the secrecy, I had to secure my size before I could let the cat out of the bag.

To get these boots you need to call Dayton directly (1-800-342-8934) and request the Service Boot that Wings and Horns used. There are VERY limited sizes left, I just picked up the last tagged 8 (fit a US 9).

Anyways, I've replied all PM's and there were quite a few so hop to it! Plus there is a Christmas discount which brought it down to 230$ CAD. + 30$ for 2 day shipping. But I know I had the option of 15$ for 7 day shipping.

The only leather soled service boot (same sole as W+H) is in size 5 1/2 so fits a 6 1/2. If you know anyone in that size you should get them to hop on it!

I also asked for leather laces which they were happy to provide.

long johns are good for keeping me warm in probably ~30F weather with a bit of wind for a limited amount of time. probably about 15 minute spurts.

my experience with compression gear, is that as long as I'm moving (i.e. walking), I'm completely warm and toasty. and I can get to the point of getting too warm if I run or something.

and I hear UA cold gear is that much better at regulating body temperatures in temps near 0F even

why the fuck you need long johns for when it's hardly beyond freezing point.

shits like -15c where Im at and we still rock jeans and sneakers. we're cold but w-e.