Shopping in Beijeng, Taipei, Hong Kong, Shanghai

Tron

About every 3 months or so I get over to one or two of the aforementioned cities. I'm looking for good, upscale stores (not interested at all in streetwear, unless we are talking high end, more conservative (is there such a thing)..no BAPE, etc.)...be it Euro designers or stuff that is local.

Or just point out the areas of town that i need to be in, or best streets/malls.

Any help would be appreciated.

About every 3 months or so I get over to one or two of the aforementioned cities. I'm looking for good, upscale stores (not interested at all in streetwear, unless we are talking high end, more conservative (is there such a thing)..no BAPE, etc.)...be it Euro designers or stuff that is local.

Or just point out the areas of town that i need to be in, or best streets/malls.

Any help would be appreciated.

Just say the brands and we can help,

Yep, Shanghai's high end stores stock outlet-grade stuff at high end prices, totally a rip off. Nobody really goes to Shanghai for Dior though, people go there for the $2 t-shirts in the gigantic clothing flea markets north of Suzhou Creek. I picked up a few dozen crazy Engrish t-shirts for pocket change a few weeks ago.

Good info. So, i will avoid Shanghai. What areas of town in HK are good? Or is there a street or mall?

Upscale stores? Go to HK Central MTR. Tons of malls there in the shopping centres like Landmark, Charter House. You can walk to On Lan Street which has D-Mop, CDG, Ann D and Margiela and even Twist. There is also a Harvey Nichols and opposite it is Joyce and Bape store. Further down, Queens Road Central, there are Jil Sander and Balenciaga stand alone boutiques. Further down there is the new H & M store. All of these are within short walking distance.

Further down, there is IFC Mall which is choke full of designer boutiques and has a Lane Crawford.

There is also Canton Street and Harbour City in TST but unless if you are an avid shopper, Central MTR should occupy you for a day or more.

• 1 month later...
^are the zara and uniqlo stores in central MTR as well?

edit: yay 500 post. took me a bit more than a yr.

i know theres a uniqlo in the mirimar mall in TST. just take a subway to TST get off at nathan road. keep walking up, itll be on your right. then after you finish shopping go to knutsford terrace for some eats :P

are there alot of branches in hk? im specifically looking for the biggest one with the nicest items for the big 3 el cheapo brands zara, h&m and uniqlo.

I think there's only one H & M in Queens Road Central. It occupies the old Lane Crawford and its I think 4 storey of H & M including a basement. Enough to knock yourself out.

are there alot of branches in hk? im specifically looking for the biggest one with the nicest items for the big 3 el cheapo brands zara, h&m and uniqlo.

i believe there's only one H&M in HK and its on queens road central near the nike store and esprit store. and the uniqlo is in miramar. the biggest zara is the one in the IFC mall i think. that's in central.

i believe there's only one H&M in HK and its on queens road central near the nike store and esprit store. and the uniqlo is in miramar. the biggest zara is the one in the IFC mall i think. that's in central.

BTW have you went there before? I went there and it was so crowded there was no one to help me.

What I want to know is how does H & M arrange their stuff? How or where do they put their stuff that are designed by celebrities like Madonna, Rolf & Viktor & Largerfield or is it all mixed up or is it sold already?

BTW have you went there before? I went there and it was so crowded there was no one to help me.

What I want to know is how does H & M arrange their stuff? How or where do they put their stuff that are designed by celebrities like Madonna, Rolf & Viktor & Largerfield or is it all mixed up or is it sold already?

you mean the H&M? yeh its crowded. i usuallly go on a weekday. i am going to assume that this H&M is like all the ones around the world. if they have a special collection by a celebrity designer, they put it in a special section. the karl lagerfeld line was done years ago and the viktor and rolf were done last year. i don't think you're going to see those collections anymore. they've been long gone.

you mean the H&M? yeh its crowded. i usuallly go on a weekday. i am going to assume that this H&M is like all the ones around the world. if they have a special collection by a celebrity designer, they put it in a special section. the karl lagerfeld line was done years ago and the viktor and rolf were done last year. i don't think you're going to see those collections anymore. they've been long gone.

Wel, I dont mean I want to buy those collections but I am referring to new designer collabs with celebrities. I was wondering how do I distinguish them from the usual stuff H & M stock all around the place when there is no SA to help me.