Louis Vuitton Messenger Bag

Serge

I would say that unless you're super rich, it's a lot of money to put into a bag. If you plan on using it a lot, then you'll wear it out. If you don't use it a lot, you'll be wasting your money.

I would prefer a nylon Prada messenger for a half, or even a third of the price on bluefly.com or something. Even then, it's still a little pricey for something that gets so much use.

Would anybody recommend them?

If you are wealthy and buy one without the monogram - sure.

There are a lot of nicer bags out there that don't scream victim, are much cheaper and are way more functional.

Although most people on the street will think you are really rich an fashionable, or holiday in beijing.

I would say that unless you're super rich, it's a lot of money to put into a bag. If you plan on using it a lot, then you'll wear it out. If you don't use it a lot, you'll be wasting your money.

I would prefer a nylon Prada messenger for a half, or even a third of the price on bluefly.com or something. Even then, it's still a little pricey for something that gets so much use.

Well I won't be the one spending cash on this. One of my uncle's in France wants to get me one since I got accepted into unversity. This guy's loaded because of the stock market so the price is no problem. I'm just looking for a nice bag but since cash is no matter with him, I'm down for anything.

i would ask for one without the monogram and in an interesting shape. not a straight up messenger style. Life a little duffle or boston shape.

lol there are like a million. I'm just scared about getting one that looks too much like a purse. I don't wanna be going around looking like a lady so I would be grateful for /any/ recommendation.

Atelier does carry nice bags, you could also get one by Henry Beguelin or, if you insist on purchasing something from a luxury goods company similar to Louis Vuitton but with less tackiness attached to the name, a Valextra or Goyard bag.

Bottega Veneta? I've never touched their bags but if money is no concern then I am pretty sure that you will get a bag of a life-time from this brand if everything I've heard is true. But then again if you are just starting university (and plan to use the bag to class everyday) you may want to get something less precious and wait for a better gift later.

Bottega Veneta? I've never touched their bags but if money is no concern then I am pretty sure that you will get a bag of a life-time from this brand if everything I've heard is true. But then again if you are just starting university (and plan to use the bag to class everyday) you may want to get something less precious and wait for a better gift later.

I was just at Bottega Veneta when I went to Las Vegas. For once, I would have to say that Bottega Veneta bags are TOO nice to use. If I had one for college, I wouldn't even take it out of the box.

But if you're not paying, go for it! I would love it ten times more than Louis Vuitton.

Edit: I looked at the Bottega Veneta messenger, and it's at least double, or even triple some of the LV messengers.

I was just at Bottega Veneta when I went to Las Vegas. For once, I would have to say that Bottega Veneta bags are TOO nice to use. If I had one for college, I wouldn't even take it out of the box.

But if you're not paying, go for it! I would love it ten times more than Louis Vuitton.

Edit: I looked at the Bottega Veneta messenger, and it's at least double, or even triple some of the LV messengers.

Wow you are not kidding. Those look way too nice for me to even have xD

Since money is no object I would get a nice bag. If you get the BV for example, you can buy a nice, cheap(er) bag from headporter/northface/nike/etc and rotate it. That way you'll get a really nice bag and have a practical bag for everyday use.

Get the LV and sell it, buy a functional bag, pocket the rest.

In all seriousness, though, I'm really happy with my Dior Homme messenger. The "courier" style isn't as noticeably feminine as many other designer bags, and the quality : price ratio is fantastic.

http://diabro.net/product_info.php/cPath/193_336/products_id/7542

(also, the monogram is much more subtle than it appears in those photos)

That's discounted, though the retail is only $520. The coated canvas is really nice, leather trim, palladium finish, etc. Much higher quality than Prada nylon, and far better looking in my opinion.

I have the larger version, which according to TheGrapist retails for $680. I actually found mine on Ebay for $200, NWT (definitely pure luck, the guy agreed to end the auction early at the starting price with several days remaining).

Regardless, <$400 is hard to beat.

if you still wanna go with LV...i recommend to get this one..

Picture1-1.png

its really nice, and really really expensive (AU$3000, and LV Sydney only got 1 more left...)

u can fold it into something like this (i tried it at LV store)

Picture2.png

but as always, i will go with Dior Homme duffel bag

Picture3.png

dont go with the monogram one...

i have the LV Abesses bag (the monogram messenger bag), and i like it a lot.. it might not be really space, but it can easily fit a computer and some books...

furthermore, its not that big of a set-back moneywise, I mean, when people on here buy fucking shirts that are +400$ - then 750$ isnt much for a bag you can use for the rest of ur life...