How do waxed jeans feel??

saw.unit

well i was testing on an old pair of whites, using green wax so I kind of ended up with this milky blue. I only did the back pocket so far but I hope to eventually do a pair of black skinny sevens I have.

ill try pics in a second, its looking better as it dries

The diors are coated with chemicals. Any type of waxed clothing (with real wax, like parrafin or something) will have little to no effect on the fabrics appearance. It might make it look a little darker and feel heaver, it will also be somewhat waterproof, but you wont get that gloss look

• 5 weeks later...

I'd really be interested in getting that "Dior" wax look to some of my denim. Not the entire jean though.

I've done a quick google search for polyurethane sprays. Should I just go ahead and pick one up?

I actually am using that same Dior fabric. It is from Japan and it is indeed a poly coating that is done when the fabric is made. This particular type is a new method. It will wear off with time and it will also wash off if you are not careful. Generally speaking it will just gently fade into the fabric with the gloss becoming less and less over time. There is nothing you could buy or do to your jeans that would achieve the same effect.

don't the diors have to be distressed before the poly is applied? how can the fabric be coated and then the jeans distressed - owning a few of these, it looks to me like the distressing happens first, and then the poly is somewhat unevenly applied...but i'm no expert :)

• 2 months later...

oh that's true... but a lot of wax products will say on the container that it is flammable. paraffin wax, beeswax, etc. these are flammable.

if it's candle wax, maybe it's a different type of wax

or maybe all of these products are mislabelled ... ermm