Headphones? Headphones? Headphones?

Guest freedomfighter

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I back just about anything Grado.

Not only do almost all of their products sound excellent, but they also come with great customer service, and they're super-duper affordable.

I remember when I first started doing the headphone thing, I started with a pair of 60s or 80s, but the male jack got real wiggly about 2 years in and I started losing sound in the right can.

E-mailed Grado Labs, got an e-mail back saying it wasn't a big deal (even though my phones were out of warranty), and they hooked me up with a brand new pair in about 5 days.

• 2 months later...

^ Good choices.

I need some beaters for when I go out, without a seal so I can hear other shit. I think I might go with some V-modas earbuds. My other pair of headphones are some Audio-Technicas from Audiocubes, pretty nice but sometimes I don't feel like carrying them around haha. I have a pair of Grado SR60s too. But, they broke on me, I think they're sitting in my room somewhere - the wire needs to get replaced somehow because it only works if I move the cord in a certain direction.

I used to have the e2c's and they treated me very well. Only problem was the close encounters with various motor vehicles when riding my bike, due to my inability to hear any outside noise. So for the ultimate noise cancellation, go foam over rubber. I find that it is a lot more comfortable also. Just be careful

Be wary of head-fi.org.... I now have 5 headphones and a couple of amps

I would recommend upping your budget and getting the Etymotic ER4P if you ever think you might be slightly unsatisfied with these ones down the road. Spending an extra 100 now will mean that you won't have to worry about upgrading unless you start getting interested in UE-11s or something (1000 USD).

I have not had a chance to hear the ER6i, but find my ER4P to be incredibly better than the Shure E2c or E3, and I prefer them by a decent margin to the shure E4.

Happy listening whichever path you take.

True. I have the ER6i for over 2 years and have no problems with them. I use them every day with my ipod.

same here, been using them with my ipod but ive had a cable defect 3 times. i got new headphones delivered after i sent my broken ones in. theres something wrong with the cable now but i havent bothered contacting etymotic. im eyeing the shure e530 pth now.

• 3 months later...

i have sennheiser hd201s, and for 18.99 ive never heard anything better and im not afraid to throw up on them

tried on senn px100s, koss porta pros and grado sr60s and theyre also all solid

got the girlfriend some ultimate ears super.fi 3s and for a little more tose are kickin too

the more money you spend the more subjective the choices get...if you like your music, spend the extra money on a quality pair...personally I have/endorse the Grado SR80 (best sound for the buck...it'll revolutionize the way you listen to music) and the Audio Technica (AT) ATH-ESW9 (as the grado's open air design doesn't allow for considerate public play).

Whats a good pair of Headphones for Djing and a good pair of earphones for my Ipod. 200ish for the Headphones and 100ish for the earphones.

DJ phones:

Equation Audio RP-21

AKG K181DJ

Beyer DT-770 (w/ leather pads)

Ultrasone DJ1 Pro

iPod:

I'd personally save the cash since the iPod would be your source, I'm sure you'd be just as happy with some $15 JVC Marshmallows.

anyone recommend good pair of earbud headphones good for monitoring like dj/studio use. i was looking at american audio eb 700-900 series anyone have any info on those,tried on a pair?

for your uses, full size headphones are better imo. if you can stray away from earbuds, take a look at sony mdr-v6. they're perfect for monitoring.