Most mediocre Fits

digital_denim

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool... i can start posting in here insted of waywt

you and me both. maybe post in both threads, and increase the old post count.

I hate to seem like I'm 'calling out' anyone because the following poster seems like a genuinely nice guy, but I have to say, I have never seen a JPGM fit that I have liked. Not bad at all, just really bland.

Then again, my fits are never crazy/unique either.

i appreciate your honesty dude. like yourself, none of the shit i wear is particularly out there.

he's apparently a rockstar, so where is the edge?
yeah if i went to a show and some dude came up on stage looking like that i'd probably think they'd be lame before they started. no offense, cause i'm sure he's good or whatever and all his clothes are quality, but he just looks like some dude...regular guy

haha good one robideaux....i hope your perceptions of me come to fruition, and i actually make some money from this shit. ill be the first to admit my style isnt particuarly edgy.

westside - if you went to the show and thought like that, youd do well to rethink your reasons for being at the show in the first place. i hope for your sake that you dont let shit like that have a great influence on how you approach and interpret art, music, fashion etc etc. i am - unashamedly - 'some dude', a regular guy or whatever. likewise, if i dressed really out there or like the token rock dude or some shit, some in the crowd would no doubt have the same reactions as you had...people will judge you for how you look, thats just the way shit is.

Most people on this board are regular guys, no? Is that a problem? Some of the most rep'd WAYWT posters don't have much "edge"...

exactly.

You're over-analyzing....Like a photo of you in your gym clothes...........it might be a decent outfit for the gym, but is it really worth putting in WAYWT?

it could be said that you too were over-analysing england - reading into the title of the thread a little too much, and projecting your interpretations of its purpose onto those of others.

So there should be a new thread that is WAYWTETW??? This is part of the reason why I never got into the thread most of my clothes are nice but rather boring because I'm not a very "eyes on me " fashion statement. Just a regular guy with ok clothes so theres no point in posting it everyday.

(what are you wearing thats exceptional this week???)

as i alluded to above - the reasons for posting in a particular thread are entirely subjective, and this is no doubt even moreso the case when it comes to WAYWT and similar threads. like you said, some people would rarely/never post in WAYWT if only the exceptional fits were to be posted. others, however, may like to share their less remarkable fits, and see the thread less as a scrapbook for only exceptional fits. completely subjective.

to be perfectly honest, i'd say at least three quarters of waywt pics are mediocre

people suprise you on occasion, but mostly it's kinda meh

true wardrobe creativity takes more time, budgetary resources, and imagination than most people have - and i include myself and a large number of sufuers in that

i look at everything from misshapes to the sartorialist for inspiration, but i don't have the guts, cash, and/or lifestyle to pull most of it off

i totally agree. ill put my sufu brand elitist hat on and posit that no doubt the mediocre 3/4 is still better dressed than the majority of the population.

im kinda at the end of a drug binge right now (ether + alcohol + weed) so sorry if none of this shit makes sense

but honestly yeah 3/4 of waywt is fucking mediocre, the reason i dont post there is not because im afraid of ending up on worst waywt (i know my shit to a point where i believe worst waywt is fun more than anything else) but most mediocre shit. Like today I wore a white v-neck, some well-fitting jeans, and some brown wingtips. Mediocre as fuck for sufu but alright for the real world. I think my real point is this:

STOP FUCKING POSTING IN WAYWT IF YOUR SHIT IS MEDIOCRE FOR SUFU STANDARDS. WE'VE SEEN IT BEFORE AND WE'LL SEE IT AGAIN AND IT'S BORING.

Honestly this means everybody and i might get some -rep for this but whatever. Alot of the big name guys (sidneylo, d_d, etc.) are guilty of this and again im not saying they're poorly dressed, just that "waywt" doesn't mean "post what you are wearing, whatever it is today" because honestly the white t/vneck+jeans+vans look has been done so often that its perfected by now and a shitty waywt is nicer to look at than some dude wearing what everyone on sufu wears on a hungover sunday morning.

So yeah, post good shit, post bad shit (and i will once i get a decent camera), just stop posting the same fit over and over with a nicer lens and a nicer setting because its about what youre wearing not how skilled you are with the 249-250mm f/0.1

to reiterate once more - the purpose of a thread, and the reasons one has for posting/not posting in it are subjective. you obviously have a different interpretation of WAYWT's purpose than others, and certain reasons for not posting in it all the time. maybe its the tail end of the drug binge banging on the inside of your skull (sympathy to you if so), but if youre bored by it, all i can say is either block the posters who you feel are mediocre, or just deal with it, like the rest of us do.

phew.

I agree with JPGM. The purpose of WDYWT shouldnt just be to post your most exceptional well put together stuff. I would actually rather see what Fuuma and D_D and such wear daily, than just that exceptional fit once a month. As long as people understand theres no chance or really purpose that people will look like runway models everyday. On the other hand, alot of people have rather boring style as stated above, but those should have the possibility to post anyway.