Lad Musician A/W 2007-08 "Cocksucker Blues"

ruach

The new Lad Musician collection was finally posted on the official website. The title is "Cocksucker Blues," named after the Rolling stones song, and styled very accordingly to the Rolling Stones.

Photos, video, some individual pieces to be made available at the flagship stores tomorrow.

I was surprised to see, after several seasons of such simplicity, Lad Musician doing a collection this wild. I think a lot of it does a really good job of over-the-top 70s rock and roll.

also paisley suits.

My favourite look from it is probably one of the most simple...

col15arb1.jpg

are there any stores in the US carrying their stuff? any online store where i can cop this? thanks guys!

Gamma Player in Chicago is the only store in the US carrying their stuff. They are about a season behind and don't do mail order, though.

i like the collection as a whole, all the looks seem to vibe together although nothing really seems that original to me. I probably would pick a few pieces up if I had easy access to it and the prices were reasonable. However I don't think that's the case in the U.S. so I'm okay with that.

This is a great collection. I really like how he combined the influences of the 60-70s while still keeping it very "Lad", i.e. the cuts of the jackets are still short and and distinct to last spring's silhouette and the majority of the colors are off-pastels (which is Lad's forte) w/ a mix of primary reds and blues for good measure. But those lizard/snake-skin jackets are amazing. I think a lot of the looks look over the top styled in the show but would look great un-styled / less flamboyant. It's refreshing to see Kuroda-san moving away from the Dior-homme ish aesthetic.

I reealllllly don't like this at all. The last collection was a million* times better. I guess I was just hoping for more minimalism... or something. :(

I like a couple of the tees and jackets. And I'm sure the pieces are much nicer seperately though.

To me this looks like something that one of those eurotrash designer labels that looovvvveeee irony could have made.

*exaggeration