Hong Kong!

-AC-

Surprisingly, there doesn't appear to be a thread on shopping in HK? I could be wrong but i've had a search.

Anyways, i'm deciding on whether or not to head there at the end of the year. From what i've been told, HK is all about the shopping. I was wondering where in particular people go to (i.e. shopping centres, particular streets etc) and also, what would be a reasonable amount of time to spend in Hong Kong (i.e. 5 days? 1 week?)...cheers

props for planning your vacation around where has good shopping (5)

don't know much about it, but i do know that there's three square blocks of nothing but sneaker stores. there's also 4 or 5 (maybe more) really big malls with the stuff you'd expect to find in nicer huge malls in asia... there's also a street market that sells sex toys that i had to walk through every night getting back to my hotel if that floats your boat.

i'm pretty sure there's a SuFu HK map too

• 2 weeks later...
going to hong kong at the end of the year might mean trouble.

usually thats when the sales are, you are either going to score with tons of clothes for cheap, or get absolutely nothing.

shopping in HK is worth it though.

End of the year or January of the following year?

Any ideas because I will be planning my trip thereabouts.

wow Hong Kong is my favourite shopping city!! I love the Comme des Garcons guerilla store near Chai Wan, the agnes b's la maison sur l'eau at leighton road, the countless fashion shops in Mongkok and Causeway Bay, langham place, I.T. saleshop at Silvercord, I.T. shops everywhere, Granville Road at TST, doublepark, uniqlo, H&M...ooohlala! and once u're done with all that shopping, there's the wonderful mango dessert chain joints (Hui Lao San) or KrispyKremes that're waiting for u!!