Problems with Leather Goods Connection

Guest Phrost

Guest Phrost

I'm having a bit of difficulty with this guy's customer service. I made a mistake of ordering 2 wallets 3 days ago, so I emailed him to cancel 1 of them. He responded very quickly, cancelling one of the orders. Great. I check my bank account, and there's still $56.50 missing from it. He says on his site and his email that the card has only been checked for approval of that amount, and no charges were made, but I clearly see I'm missing $56.50. On top of that, I can't get in touch with him because I stupidly entered the wrong email address, so his confirmation email hasn't been sent to me. I know you guys vouch for his quality and service, so what should I do?

Guest Phrost

The guy isn't responding to my emails anymore. Leather goods connection has been talked about in superdenim, so I thought this was the forum to get the most responses from.

I know that sometimes credits have taken several days to post to my accounts; I don't think it's time to be seriously worried yet.

It couldn't hurt to write a letter to the bank and explain what happened and that you are expecting a credit; that way, if things do go wrong, you will have established that early in writing.

It's probably just bank float though.

I'm having a bit of difficulty with this guy's customer service. I made a mistake of ordering 2 wallets 3 days ago, so I emailed him to cancel 1 of them. He responded very quickly, cancelling one of the orders. Great. I check my bank account, and there's still $56.50 missing from it. He says on his site and his email that the card has only been checked for approval of that amount, and no charges were made, but I clearly see I'm missing $56.50. On top of that, I can't get in touch with him because I stupidly entered the wrong email address, so his confirmation email hasn't been sent to me. I know you guys vouch for his quality and service, so what should I do?

PEBKAC

fix that, and you'll be fine

Here's another vote for not freaking out and waiting a few days. It can take a little while for debit/credit/bank account things to sort themselves out, and, given that he has a reputation for good customer service, I'd imagine he's held up his end of the deal and that it's in your bank's hands now.

Yeah i would play it cool for a bit if I were you. Can you just phone him up? is there a contact number listed? Or e-mail and ask to talk over the phone, it seems like you may have trouble working out this whole "buying over the internet thing" I am kidding but seriously just relax for a bit and see what happens.

Guest Phrost

I've tried calling him with no luck. This is my second online purchase, and a first from an independent kind of seller, so I'm a little skeptical about how some things work. Thanks for the responses.

It takes up to 7 days depending on your bank and what exact type of card you used.

I have dealt with LGC several times and the customer service has been top notch. Like Kiya said, it takes a few days for the money to get put back into your account...

banks like to wait and wait and wait to give your money back, even if the merchant has already issued a refund. Because when they do this on a large scale it allows them to make more money on interest.

Please wait a week before you start bitching and moaning again

Guest Phrost

I just got my wallet in today, which is pretty fast considering I ordered it wednesday morning.The materials were okay, but the construction was shoddy. The stitching wasn't even or consistent and the shape of the wallet was off. I think I would've been better off getting a J.Fold wallet.

I just got my wallet in today, which is pretty fast considering I ordered it wednesday morning.The materials were okay, but the construction was shoddy. The stitching wasn't even or consistent and the shape of the wallet was off. I think I would've been better off getting a J.Fold wallet.

please post a pic of this wallet, I always though that LGC was decent stuff.

not to start a hate fest or anything, but i have a tanner, LGC, and sugarcane belt. the LGC is the least favorite of the three, by far

interested more in which one you like the best and why. (500 words or less please)

^^the tanner is just the right thickness and heft. very substantial. great patina and is just nice to touch. hard to explain, but subjectively, also feels good to buckle and unbuckle

the sugarcane is also very thick but doesn't have the same 'feel.' also the leather surface seems more 'dull' and the belt is hard to thread into the buckle (which can't be swapped). the overall experience of belting up is not as gratifying.

the LGC just seems flimsy in comparison

these are initial impressions, mostly subjective. we'll have to see how they evolve over the years

the sugarcane is also very thick but doesn't have the same 'feel.' also the leather surface seems more 'dull' and the belt is hard to thread into the buckle (which can't be swapped). the overall experience of belting up is not as gratifying.

I have the same complaints about my sugar cane belt.

I don't think I've ever seen a Tanner belt, I'll have to have a look.

I have an LGC bridle leather belt which I like a lot, it's a bit thinner and more refined (if that's the right word) than the others I have. I was thinking if one of his harness leather belts for my contest jeans.