Going to San Francisco this Saturday, need some cheap stores...

I'm going with the family to meet...more family. Shit.

Well, I hope to do some shopping along the way. I've got enough denim, but I'll probably pop into Self Edge just because I like talking about denim.

I'm mainly looking for cheap clothing. Not cheap as in H&M, Gap, etc cheap. I can get that here in fucking Milwaukee. I'm looking for a place that sells really nice pieces for lower prices ($50-100 range). Last thing I want to do is walk into Bloomingdale's and have my parents look at me like I'm insane when I show them some of the stuff they have in there.

I was thinking of for sure checking out Marc by Marc Jacobs. Any other opinons on stores to check out? I'm a future college student, so I want to visit stores that have stuff cheap but better than H&M quality.

Don't know what your style is, and it's been so long since I was in college so I don't know what you guys are wearing, but here are a couple of suggestions in the downtown/Union Square area.

Ted Baker on Grant St. is having a big sale--mostly casual stuff, but I've seen some cool T's there. On the other side of the street is a store that sells lots of Energie (it might be an Energie store, not sure).

Then one block over there is Juicy Couture, which is also having a spring/summer sale. Across the street from Juicy and a little further up there is a store (don't remember the name) that has lots of printed/faux vintage t-shirts and hoodies. You'll see the store if you look; it's pretty obvious that it's a t-shirt/jeans place.

Do you have Urban Outfitters in Milwaukee? If not, they have some interesting, cheap stuff, but it's often hit and miss. It's a couple blocks away; you can google it.

Finally , there's A/X, which may or may not qualify as having "really nice pieces" but their stuff is in your price range, plus spring/summer is on sale.

There are a couple of good skate shops if you're into skate shoes/T's/caps. One on Market St., and one on Haight St.

Probably more but I can't think of them now.

I've been to:

Marc By Marc Jacobs (quite possibly my favorite fucking store ever, bought a MJ messenger bag for uber cheap)

Bloomingdale's (bought some APC shirts on clearance, saw a bunch of Number Nine, Viktor, and Marc Jacobs on sale but didn't bite)

Zara (tons of clearance basic shirts, so much better than H&M)

American Apparel (pricey, but I did get a nice cardigan)

Armani Exchange (worst store ever)

Levi's (pricier than I thought)

Urban Outfitters (pricey as hell, decent for basics but I didn't buy a thing)

H&M (so much better than the one around here, but didn't buy much other than a striped t-shirt)

There might be some I'm forgetting, those are just the clothing ones I went into. Of course, I checked out places like Gap, BR, etc for sale and clearance stuff but didn't buy anything.

Any other suggestions on necessary stores to hit? Preferably stuff I can't get in Milwaukee (which is basically everything).

Nordstrom/Macy's/Neiman Marcus (normal boring crap)

Don't know what your style is, and it's been so long since I was in college so I don't know what you guys are wearing, but here are a couple of suggestions in the downtown/Union Square area.

Ted Baker on Grant St. is having a big sale--mostly casual stuff, but I've seen some cool T's there. On the other side of the street is a store that sells lots of Energie (it might be an Energie store, not sure).

Then one block over there is Juicy Couture, which is also having a spring/summer sale. Across the street from Juicy and a little further up there is a store (don't remember the name) that has lots of printed/faux vintage t-shirts and hoodies. You'll see the store if you look; it's pretty obvious that it's a t-shirt/jeans place.

Do you have Urban Outfitters in Milwaukee? If not, they have some interesting, cheap stuff, but it's often hit and miss. It's a couple blocks away; you can google it.

Finally , there's A/X, which may or may not qualify as having "really nice pieces" but their stuff is in your price range, plus spring/summer is on sale.

There are a couple of good skate shops if you're into skate shoes/T's/caps. One on Market St., and one on Haight St.

Probably more but I can't think of them now.

thats funny, + rep for a good laugh.