Denim in Sydney?

Marcus

ah hah he ha hahahahahaha!

Of course I'm not the shopper that some of the others on this site are. Outside of Another in Darlinghurst where I got my Imperials (and they sell LVC as well). I don't know anywhere in Sydney that sells decent denim. I also checked out Glue for their Edwins, but they cost as much as my Samurai, IMO wasn't worth it. I buy everything online. Everything. Tell me where you can get a pair of KMW 1980 in Australia for AUD$195 shipped to your door (for those who don't know, context sale just past)? Can you even get KMW or a natural indigo equivalent in Australia? Go into General Pants and take a look at their Levis 501 selvage that they sell for $250, and then look at cultism and get a pair of LVC47 for AUD$187 shipped to Australia.

I don't know anyone who sells 45rpm in Aus, and please correct me if I'm wrong (other sydneysiders here), but I don't think there is a single Australian brand that can even come close to it.

yeah, there aren't any brands that would be considered particularly sought-after available here. Incu carries APC, Acne (even if they weren't nondescript jeans, I could never get past that terrible name), Nudie and probably a few other similar brands. There's a shop just near the Galleries Victoria branch of Incu that sells Edwin, Evisu, Lee and Levis stuff. In the past I've picked up some decent Edwins on sale from there; I wouldn't get anything unless it was at least 50% off, though. As Indigo Junkie says, we all buy Imperial stuff from Another:Inch. Sometimes if you hunt around the back streets you can find the odd thing...I bought a pair of blank Evisu with kamon flower rivets from an outlet on Campbell St in Surry Hills...they appear to be the same as the models you get painted to order in Japan ("Choose Pocket"), only with nothing painted on the back...they were AUD $100 instead of $400+, but I don't know who'd have wanted them at that higher price.

I imagine I'll graduate to ordering jeans online as well once my current crop are getting past it...

Looking for something straight cut/loose fit in raw a la 45 rpm, Kicking Mule etc.

Have a look at AIKA at the far end of Oxford St.

Their top of the line denim is a slim cut, but the fabric is excellent.