HOLA Hollaforadolla & Chard X

MilSpex

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jmatsu
for once i agree with you jmatsu about those 3 being the best representatives of streetwear here.

stop lying. you've agreed with the voice of logic many times in the past.

while i don't agree with d6 100%, you have to admit he has a good point when the wdywt is flooded with people throwing together whatever sufu approved hype items they can get their hands on. there's no sense of authenticity.

while i don't agree with d6 100%, you have to admit he has a good point when the wdywt is flooded with people throwing together whatever sufu approved hype items they can get their hands on. there's no sense of authenticity.

But who's to say the afforementioned wearer chose those garments because of the influence Superfuture has?

There's no doubt there is some influence to wear certain brands here, but I would also go so far as to say many people first learn about brands here on this site. I had no fucking clue what W&H was before this forum and now I own a hoodie. Am I a follower of the trends? Or did I recognize a well constructed garment that would fit my aesthetic?

To be completely honest, Milspex's plight is childish. The linking of brands? Get the fuck outta here; Supreme's designer's Mom's, babysitter walks the dog of the owner of WTaps and there for it is okay for me to wear these brands together. Jesus.

Although Milspex's story may very well be true (I have no clue), it is put together to further construct why his outfits are far superior than anyone else's and that's about it.

Fashion is all subjective. My opinion is that Chard wears streetwear very well, it doesn't looked forced or hyped to me, it's all very understated and fresh (same goes for 78, Rir, etc.). I think Milspex's fits are spot on as well. And neither of these posters are even close to my own style. But to come up with some back story to belittle one's style/fashion sense and make yourself seem superior is some highschool, petty shit.

This concludes our broadcast A.

Am I a follower of the trends? Or did I recognize a well constructed garment that would fit my aesthetic?

the difference is, you can think critically about your purchase and realize that it is a 'well constructed garment' and it 'fits your aesthetic', whereas many posters, the blatant hypebeasty ones, buy buy buy because it's the cool thing to do

this even goes towards the overall fit too, if you buy the clothes because of how they work for you then you are miles ahead of the people who buy them because they are trendy

sean_ I agree. I was more so referring to Chard, seeing as this whole topic was about his integration of brands.

Also, when we talk about exclusivity, etc. We are blowing it way out of proportion. Superfuture makes up a very small percentage of fashion consumers, so for every Dior jean worn on here, there are 5,000 levis being worn...

In case shit gets modded over there

You see Chard, this is an opinion. Everyones got one. In my opinion Hollaforadolla prolly dresses skinny too skinny for my taste (if I could be fucked finding a pic).

Holla, let me educate you. Supreme is a skate brand. Skaters used to skate in Jordan Is. Supreme flipped a lot of Jordan iconography in early shit, put Jordan art on boards and to top it off did the shoes that blew dunks up. The Jordan III on a dunk.

Now WTAPS. The designer TET been a fan of Supreme since he first skated. Thats why you could find WTAPS in Japan Supreme stores since the `90s. Over the years the two brands done box tees together and this year a whole collection.

My gear FITS together. It makes sense. When Chard takes 3 brands that are totally unrelated and have no story to me it looks likes he`s just picking the most popular/elite tees, pants and shoes he can find. He`s not thinking about how shit goes together or what the clothes mean, like he doesnt care, he only cares about the next pickup or the next hyped item. No love, no appreciation.

And just coz my shit isnt skin tight doesnt mean it doesnt fit. I buy my size in most shit.

Does that make sense?

your shit is the furthest thing from being skin tight, its a fucking tent. now im sure its "your style" whatever but in a grown man world, your shit doesnt ride. first impressions are everything and you look like a pizza boy, as someone mentioned. at least chard's shit fits. Although I dont particularly enjoy the streetwear brands he wears, he gets it right.

As far as this supreme shit goes, ill admit i dont have a fucking clue. it seems all hype to me. all im going to say is you really need to start dressing your age and move on. no one gives a shit about your heritage. all they are going to see is some 29 year old who has been 15 for the last decade or so.

and this thread is very stupid.

thanks everyone for the kind words, the hate, the assumption or whatever. This topic was already discussed on the 5th-D and is now done and over with. I got no hate whatsoever towards Spexy or anyone. But i'll do a little explaining to how my fit became the topic of me buying whats hot or whateever.

The fit was posted up. I wore a black shirt, grey jeans, and black shoes. When i put that together, i saw a clean simple nuetral colored fit. Nothing too flashy, just a simple fit to go do some drinking. My intention was not to use a bit of every "hyped" brands and paste it together. However i ended up with a supreme top, dior jeans and visvim shoes.

But does that mean i don't appreciate the clothes i wear or know nothing about it? I was comfy with it so i wore it, posted it up to share with everyone. Do i need someone's approval of how to put it together? NO! I do appreciate the opinion from spex and will keep it mind. BUt some people do it differently than others. I buy certain brands that supposively its HYPED on sufu, but really in the end its how you wear it. Look at the wdywt, people wear diors skin tight, relaxed, and even baggy saggy. Look at people wearing supreme, 78 and crillz for example, they wear it very diffrently. Is there a right or wrong way of wearing it? NO.

Diors...a lot of people on here have it, so i guess if i own a pair or two im just buying into the dior hype right? Or maybe it has the slim cut and the ohh so cool stacking that suits my liking for when i want to wear slim jeans. That is why i HAVE my sized up flatheads for a more relaxed fit. Can i buy the unknown pleasure tee and the blue monday because im a joy division/new order fan (new order more though)? Or can i get the tyson tee because maybe i grew up watching every damn tyson fights with my dad (which only lasted every few minutes each time LOL), and think that tyson is still the greatest boxer ever...........

In the end its just clothes...everyone lighten up, have a beeer.....Everyone wants to be ahead of everyone else, but when it comes to clothes you'll never be ahead of anyone.

again let this thread DIE already. Topic discussed and ended. I got mad respect for alot of peeps on here, even Milspex.

EDIT: transformer was fucking awesome

"your shit is the furthest thing from being skin tight, its a fucking tent. now im sure its "your style" whatever but in a grown man world, your shit doesnt ride. first impressions are everything and you look like a pizza boy, as someone mentioned. at least chard's shit fits. Although I dont particularly enjoy the streetwear brands he wears, he gets it right."

oooo the irony.

and "streetwear" rides in a grown man world?!

i dont get it

and yes unban milpex

for fucks sake this is SUPERTRASH!

I'm working on various social/conservation projects - orangutan rehabilitation, rainforest conservation and the like - while designing some ecotourism businesses.

I'm working on various social/conservation projects - orangutan rehabilitation, rainforest conservation and the like - while designing some ecotourism businesses.

wow, sounds pretty nice.

makes much more interesting conversations that saying you work in corporate finance...