Raf Simons S/S 08

i think they work perfectly with raf's s/s aesthetic(the shoes with the open side)...those with some light, airy shirts and shorts, and top it off with the sunglasses. ace.

EXACTLY! I'm definitely going to try rocking this for Spring and Summer. Those sneakers would be so serious in all black.

Also, I believe the wire/loop on the back of the sneaker is so you can attach them to your backpack while traveling. I believe there is a picture of this somewhere on the RafXEastpack website. So I'm sure this can be taken off while wearing.

I like this collection more and more;But honestly,I don't like that light fuschia color he's doing, but other than that, it's golden.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at this point, pretty much any sneaker is a "rip-off" of some other sneaker, everything revolves around classic sneakers with some slight tweaks.

sure they have lots of similarities, but they are nike vandals with a slimmer shape, lower midsole and better materials, therefore i would call them more of an "upgrade" than "rip-off"

EXACTLY! I'm definitely going to try rocking this for Spring and Summer. Those sneakers would be so serious in all black.

Yeah, I think these would look much better in all black. But in honesty, I really don't see myself wearing sneakers with an opening like that.

I like the blue ones a bit better, what material are they? I like the color and could definitely see myself wearing them in the spring/summer.

*sigh* Well, Amy Larocca thought it was funny. It's she, not he, ninja not nigga. And it's not a random comparison- they're both Totem men for a reason.

Both make obvious references to a specific aesthetic but only one gets called out on it. That doesn't make sense because unlike Taralis, Raf isn't living in a vacuum. He's not tethered to what has happened to men's fashion in the past. Sure, he'll relate fashion to culture but along with the old he offers up a variety of new shapes and materials.

Taken out of context Raf's pieces show evidence of evolution. They reiterate innovations and visions but display his own point of view too- something Taralis has yet to master.

dear she-ninja--

taralis is way young and underseasoned. it is a random comparison within the context of this discussion, but in general, you don't call out a baby for being unable to to spell 'polyamide panels', do you? that would be cruel and unusual, even for a fashion barracuda.

and im really supposed to care what mrs. look book thinks is funny?

• 3 weeks later...