Junya Watanabe Men's S/S 08.

chris

Thanks for posting this Chris. I like some of the looks, but I'm not too fond of the school boy, 'out on the countryside' look. The detailing looks great from what little I can see in the pictures but this is one line that I'd love to see some more detailed pics.

Here's my favorite looks; The wrinkled fabric looks really nice.

00010m.jpg

00030m.jpg

00050m.jpg

00060m.jpg

this looks very Thom Browne...speaking of which, tried on a TB blazer today and while i'd never wear it, good to see there's actually stuff in his line you don't have to be 5'5 and built like a linebacker to fit in :P

this is a cool collection though, like a younger, fresher, more forward thinking version of Thom.

ill take a look on the 13th.

10 corso is the only joint that has an ok selection of junya.

but its most of his collabo stuff.

i dont even know where to look and im in japan...

only place I've seen the suits for example from last collection was at lafayette in paris, they had a few ones. rest of the places its just been collabos and those ugly t-shirts. even at Como it was only a very few basic pieces.

Damn, nice collection. I love most of it but some outfits throw me a bit off.

In particular, I love the shorts and pants. I probably wouldn't wear it like the models, but they're all pretty much wearable. The suit jackets for the most part are really interesting also.

The wrinkled, luxurious fabrics and man-child mashups of formal and prep school actually remind me of Lanvin more than anything else. Very nice, especially since I didn't dig Lanvin all that much this season.

I hate pre-wrinkled or "vintage washed" clothes, it's such a gimmick. I can wrinkle suits on my own thank you very much. Other than that, I'm liking the collection. It's like 60s prep/club med with a bit of grunge.

After living in Paris/Milan for a year this is exactly the direction I've been going with my outfits. The thing I like best about this style, is that it never seems to get old.You could wear some of this stuff into your 50s. Well, at least the shoes and some shirts/sweaters. But you get my meaning.

It makes Supreme/Stussy/Nike/Nudie/etc. and the "streetwear" style in general look really immature and uninspired by comparison.

• 5 months later...